Eating Healthy vs Not Eating??

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by who?, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. who?

who? Guest

lets pretend someone is 200lbs and wants to get down to 150lb..... wouldnt it be faster if you just eat 1 meal a day and starve instead of eating a bunch of little, healthy meals?
    i'm not saying you should go all out during the 1 meal, just eat what you would eat normally.
    At the same time you're jogging every other day or so.

2. I'm wondering this too, but I've heard stuff about your body going into starvation mode so when you put food in your body it's more likely to be stored as fat.

3. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

it would be faster, but you'd lose a lot of muscle

4. who?

who? Guest

would i lose muscle and be left with fat? or would muscle and fat lose in proportion?

5. who?

who? Guest

well it's my 2nd day of trying this, 2 meals in 2 days, went jogging twice in 3 days...
    surprisingly im not hungry right now..i dont have the starving feeling in my stomach :dunno:

6. broccoli

broccoli New Member

I think you'll run out of energy before you get down to 150 lbs. Running/jogging is going to get harder and harder if you don't eat right.

Please continue though. I'm interested in your results.

7. who?

who? Guest

i think i t would be easier if i was actually 200...
    but im actually trying to get down from 150 to 140 (im short ok...)
    i used to work out everyday and eat maybe 1-2 meals a day, right before working out...i have the type of body that can GAIN mass, muscle or fat, really easy, but losing it is a different story..

ill be sure to post results after a week... im gonna go weigh myself right nwo actually

8. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

try a PSMF?

9. who?

who? Guest

:confused:

10. who?

who? Guest

nevermind, did a search...looks like you eat protein foods only, dont know if that's correct..
    but im wondering the effectiveness of eating only 1 meal a day and ignoring your starvation feeling

11. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

its not just a feeling though, your metabolism slows down and your body feeds off of your muscle which is the dumbest thing you could do, why would you want to lose weight this badly?

12. Guitar_fool

Guitar_fool Guest

eating more healthy meals is better because it kicks up your metabolism and burns all the food and a little extra fat on ya so eat more often then eat less.

13. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

If you need to drop it within a week like me, I'm gonna do a liquid diet of protein shakes with milk next week to get down to 150. We'll see how this goes. :x:

14. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

that's retarded

15. JordanClarkson

what would you recommend then?

16. V!

V! New Member

If you don't have enough self control to allow yourself to get to 200lbs, what makes you think you have enough self control to ignore those urges to eat food

17. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

If you need to drop 50lbs in a week, your only option is to cut off your torso.

This is one of the most retarted threads ever. Keep going for shortcuts threadstarter, I'm sure you'll find one eventually.

18. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

this would work if you were a girl, because they are allowed to be skinnyfat. although that's not my cup of tea

19. reverie

reverie obscurely famous.

:nono: Crash dieting.

Your body's blood sugar needs to be balanced. Starving yourself with infrequent meals with cause you to store fat. You'll lose weight, sure, since you're not eating -- but it's nothing more than a very, very temporary solution.

Aside from that, you can't incorporate it into your lifestyle. You'll be giving in with doughnuts and chips in no time.

20. JordanClarkson

Um, he needs to drop 10lbs, not 50

21. Steve325

Steve325 Guest

200-150 = 50.

22. JordanClarkson

How the fuck do you read MY post but not this one? :rofl:

23. Steve325

Steve325 Guest

I'm sorry. In my post I don't "pretend" to be a certain weight, next time let me double check the thread for something that says differently.

24. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

When your stomach is empty for more than a few hours, your metabolism drops AND you'll be more likely to stuff yourself silly; it's an instinctive reaction, there's no escaping it. So it's better to keep some healthy snack on-hand (Terra Chips are a great one) and munch on them every once in a while. However, caffeine instigates the conversion of fat into blood sugar, which normally would only happen when you've burned off all of your existing blood sugar, and aerobic exercise will burn the extra blood sugar without leaving you feeling exhausted. That's why Europeans love the time-tested combo of an espresso + a bike ride. It works wonders.

25. 0.6gpa

0.6gpa New Member

i would recomend not being a dumbass.

how hard is it to get 20%fats 40% carbs and 40%protein in smaller portions than you would be eating if you were bulking?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.