Eating Enough?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by halflife78, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

Quick background. I am 26, 5'8 on a small frame and weigh 148 lbs. currently. I work in IT so I sit at a desk most of the day, I probably walk at work about a mile a day at the most. I went from eating junk food non stop (going all to my belly) to cutting back and working out lightly at my apartments gym.

I recently started at a local gym and I am trying to gain muscle but not put on much fat if it can be helped. I went from eating twice a day to six times a day, below is the avg. day:

7am: Healthy choice turkey meal and 12 oz. gatorade
    9:30am: Either MRP or can of tuna.
    11:30am: Lunch, usually chicken breast on wheat with french fries and ice water/unsweet tea. Today was petite sirloin and fries with water.
    2:30pm: MRP
    5:30ish usually: 1.5-2 chicken breast with vegetables, usually corn or some type of beans/peas/ with 12 oz gatorade
    8:00pm: MRP or turkey meal and protein drink
    bedtime: Granola bar
    Water mixed in with everything else and during the day at work.

Here is my calorie intake for today (using fitday):

2211 calories
    Fat: 79 grams (34%)
    Carbs: 133 grams (22%)
    Fiber: 14 grams
    Protein: 231 grams (44%)

I am on a 3 day routine right now for working out going Tue (Chest/Tri) / Thur (Back/Bi) / Sat (Shoulders/Legs) since I have been only going for 2 weeks now. I plan on adjusting the routine once I get my form back in order.

Edit. I throw a snickers bar and granola bar in on workout days 30 mins before I start.
    Edit Edit. Taking my multi vitamin and ordered some CEE from BN.

Anyone have any advice on the eating, I think I am still a bit low on the total intake for the day but with my type of work and not doing an exercise other than working out I may be ok for now.

2. jackjohnson

jackjohnson simple as something nobody knows OT Supporter

if you want to put on muscle I'd say you need to double your caloric intake. it'll be hard to maintain and put on mass on 2211 calories a day. hell you could possibly be losing weight

edit: sorry my reading sucks, thats not all you're taking in today. so yeah, still shoot for 4k calories

3. ND379

ND379 New Member

is today critique my diet day? did i miss the memo?

4. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

One thing I thought about doing was mixing my MRP and whey with non fat milk to up it some, just not sure if drinking that much milk a day is good.

5. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

that's actually a pretty solid diet overall... maybe up the calories a little, but that's a pretty good starting point. Maybe eat some peanut butter for a couple hundred more calories. Most people will tell you to eat a lot more, but based on your height/weight 24k - 26k should be a pretty good amount to build some muscle/keep fat gain low. If you find that you aren't growing, up it.

6. ChutUps

ChutUps New Member

:werd: actually it's been this whole week. I think it's because summer is nearing.

7. ChutUps

ChutUps New Member

Your Diet looks pretty good though, like the guy said up there maybe raise your calorie intake a bit more.

8. jonno

jonno New Member

add something more before bed

9. Undefined

Undefined New Member

yea, if he was just a lil bigger or taller he'd have to get in 30000 cals a day :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.