SRS Eating disorder....The Purge

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sean John, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Sean John

Sean John Guest

This girl I have been seeing finally told me why she never eats...I mean never eats while we are together. It's weird, we would go out to eat and I would be pigging out and she always said she was not hungry, she ate earlier at work. She only weighs about 135 pounds and has a great figure. Anyway, the last few days she has been acting funny. I asked her yesterday what was her deal and she said I have to see a doctor, but I really dont want to. At first i'm like :noes: , WTF is this about. So she goes "you promise you won't be mad at me". I said i am not sure how to answer that. She goes I have an eating problem. Immediately I said dont tell me you are on the binge and purge...She started crying and said, yes and she can't stop.
    She said she eats while at work and goes and tosses it. She has it down to where she does not even have to gag herself, she can just release. I want to help her because she totally needs it, but I have no idea what to do for a person with this problem. I've known anyone with it. Any advice??

2. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

It's a tough spot, often people will say, well just stop doing it, but it isn't that easy. You really just need to try to be there for her and support her in the best way you know how. She really really needs to go into some type of rehab program for best results, This is a very dangerous disease, addiction, or whatever you want to call it.

3. johan

johan Active Member

Go to your Yellow Pages. Find a listing for an Eating Disorders Clinic in the Blue Pages.
    Or call up a teen counselling line and ask them for what your next steps should be.

She was very brave in confessing that to you. Don't go blaming her, or cutting her off or anything of that sort. Help her seek help.

If you can't find the right resources yourself, ask the school nurse or counselor about what to do next.
    Although if you do that (in person) then talk to her first. Ask her what she wants to do, just so she doesn't feel like you're springing this on her.

4. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Society puts too much pressure on female's nowadays to look perfect. This type of brainwashing effects girls BAD, it would be best to give her the general idea that guys love girls, and not skeletons. Reassure her that you love her for who she is, and that you love her personality and try to pursuede her to follow counselling in order to shuffle away the eating disorder into a situation that she feels happy in the body which she is in.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Society has EVERTYHING to do with it, we put on a image of 'how' a girl should look like. Only the skinny , tall, beautifull looking , selfconsious and well dressed girl type of female seems to be allowed to be representated in society nowadays. We hardly go for what truelly lies within someone's heart as a definition for how wonderfull the inner beauty of a person is. Which therefore we put pressure on external factors like , big boobs,nice face, good clothing. And thats only the tip of the ice-berg