Eating before bed.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by SquallRm, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SquallRm

SquallRm New Member

I've heard this on the radio the other day and had to man up to ask this question on here.

If you eat and then go to sleep, your body will convert the food you ate into fat rather than using it right away as fuel.

Is this true?
    For someone like me who is bulking and trying to gain 10lb, would it help if i ate oatmeal, pasta, milk, cereal before bed?

2. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

your body doesn't care what time it is

3. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

As long as when you eat that last meal you still remain under maintenence it doesn't matter. While your body is less prone to burn off fat or use the fuel from the food while you are sleeping as opposed to awake and active, as long as you are under maintenence it does not matter.

In your case, since you want to gain weight... Just eat. Does not matter what time of day it is.. Just do it. If eating right before bed means you can get an extra meal it, then do it.

4. Aez

Aez New Member

It's actually harming your body if you don't have a slow digesting protein while you sleep, as you may go into the dredded catabolic state :noes:

5. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

I'm no expert, but I think this is crap. I always eat before bed and late nights. I used to eat steaks for snacks at 2am. I've always been skinny. Right now I'm at my fattest ever (18%bf) because I'm currently bulking. I feel fat and can't wait until cutting time. If I'm hungry, I'm going to eat. If I feel starved when I wake up in the morning, I know I should have ate more before bed, because my muscles are already screaming for some fuel!

6. Accord

Accord New Member

I have egg whites and flax seed oil before bed everynight... sometimes i'll have celery with natural peanut butter though instead of the flax seed oil :o.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.