GUN Easy To Aquire Firearms?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SmugZombie, Oct 12, 2008.

?

Are you Paranoid Of Other Shooters?

Poll closed Oct 22, 2008.
  1. Paranoid - Always Vigilent

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. Meh - They Are Fellow Shooter, No Threat.

23 vote(s)
    67.6%
  1. SmugZombie

SmugZombie OT Supporter

When you guys go to the range, Do you look at everyone else there a a fellow brother in gun ownership, or do you assume they are just as evil as can be and you look over your shoulder every second you are there?

When i go shooting, i am at a small county shooting range where on a good day there have been 10 shooters there... usually when i go i take a good sized arsenal and make a day of it. Now i usually carry a loaded pistol to the backstop to check my shots just incase someone decides to use me as a target, but how easy would it be for someone to walk in right behind you, pop you, and walk off with a new aresenal?

There are no cams, no witnesses at my range, so I can see it as a fairly easy retrieval of weapons.

Are you Paranoid of other shooters?

2. more off

more off Moderator

if anyone tried any shit at my range, the rest of the people there would fill them full of holes :rofl:

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

If I'm by myself at a public range or BLM land, I always have a loaded weapon on me. When I'm with friends I don't worry about it, maybe because we have bigger guns than everyone else :mamoru:

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

This story is about a member of The High Road, MarkMc753

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Getting hit by some dumbass who has a ND is more of a concern then someone flipping out.

6. SmugZombie

SmugZombie OT Supporter

Well... He was just killed there for no reason...

Im talking about getting killed there, then getting your shit jacked to go kill someone else with.

7. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Yeah I guess I'd feel better being killed for a reason. Totally different, my bad. :mamoru:

8. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

This thread is just...odd. As with everyday life, situational awareness > *. If anyone were to try to take my guns, I would think they'd do it by following me from the range and try to take them if I make a stop between the range and home. Or follow me home and break in during the day while I'm at work. But not at the range.

9. sp00n155

sp00n155 You underestimate the insignificance of my penis OT Supporter

I've never ever had a problem with someone at a range. I've seen some people I wish didn't have access to guns, but it wasn't a violent reason. Just lack of overall judgment I guess.

10. Hypnos_VI

Hypnos_VI JENGA!

one of the things i like about the range i go to is im usually the only one there. occasionally there are 2 or 3 others, but usually just me. if other people are there i dont worry about it. when im shooting 100 yards with my AR i dont bother taking the sling off and just walk down to the target with the resting.

11. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

Im paranoid not because I think everyone else is evil, but because I assume everyone else is a fucking retard with no gun safety experience.

12. SmugZombie

SmugZombie OT Supporter

This is very true.

13. sqwirl

sqwirl New Member

Yeah I get paranoid about this. Especially when walking out to the 200yd line. A lot of times you are alone at the range I frequent(which I enjoy), but I like having a friend there to stay back at the line with everything. Luckily you can hear/see a car coming far enough away that you could probably cover that 200yds at walking pace before they would get there. We have staggered berms with 2 creeks running through the range so cover wouldn't be an issue if someone did decide to open up fire.

14. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

Those are some pretty polarized options. Paranoid or completely at rest isn't a realistic mindset for most of us.

15. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

The public range around here there have been instances of people walking away with stuff that was sitting on the bench behind the line, when the range is busy. I've been there when some shady folks drone out and just sat in their car and looked like they were more interested in the cars than the range. (tag numbers = addresses with gun = good places to rob :dunno:)

However my biggest concern at the public range are idiots and new guys. I had to show a gun last time how to chamber a round in his brand new XD (first time owner with no training at all) it was simply a matter of not ridding the slide forward, he didn't do anything dumb, but some folks do. There have been a few times that I have left because some idiot can't keep the 180 rule or I have gotten muzzle swept. The one that now makes me cringe is people shooting things on the ground, they always put them on the concrete sidewalks the target stand are on. That concrete makes for a good ricochet and a lot of them will then ricochet up and hit the metal roof of the back sounding like someone rang a bell. Whenever I hear that noise I know there is a bullet that has more than like made its second ricochet and is coming back up range in some capacity. At the end of the day if you look you can usually find a couple ricochets that have made it back to the firing line mixed in with the brass (at least on the pistol range) sometimes it is a complete bullet sometimes its just the core or copper jacket.

All that being said I see no reason to take off my CCW when I am at the range.

Cliffs: I fear the uneducated and stupid more than those with criminal intent while I am the range.

16. imperial

imperial Lurker | Gun | STI Crew OT Supporter

I always have my carry on me when I'm at the range. I don't trust anybody, especially when the range I shoot at is 20+ miles out of town.

17. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I'm paranoid about dumbasses than malicious intent :dunno:

I've seen to many people sweep the firing line to be entirely comfortable at ranges with people I don't know.

18. Painkiller

Painkiller Sometimes remembering is better than forgetting

Holsters come in handy for range use. :o

19. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Huntington is ghetto as fuck

20. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

I'll agree. I'm much more worried about dumb people doing stupid stuff than I am malicious intent. Usually I just go out to a local gravel pit to shoot anyway so I'm only with the people that came with me. That being said, there is a good amount of hunting that goes on up there so I usually bring my holstered weapon with me to setup/clean up targets.

21. Willie J

Willie J New Member

i only trust 3 other ppl with guns around me.

22. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

I try not to go to ghetto ass ranges where shady people show up. :dunno:

23. SmugZombie

SmugZombie OT Supporter

Well shit, if i lived on the Island of Electronicus, i wouldnt have to worry about that kind of shit... but i dont... so i do.

24. SmugZombie

SmugZombie OT Supporter

I was at the range one day and this mid 40's women comes up to the firing line and whips out her sig 40.... before i can get 20 rounds off i had to help her LOAD her pistol, teach her how to tap and rack because her pistol was dirty as fuck - her pistol had 20 failures in 50 rounds...

god... that wasnt the best day.

Although, i did get to shoot a Sig :bigthumb: