Eastern companies showing no competition?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ndnspongenbob, Jun 19, 2005.

1. ndnspongenbob

ndnspongenbob New Member

i know that GM is having a huge sale right now with their employee discount thing, i really want to buy a car right now and of course i want the best deal, i been looking around to see if the japanese companies were offering something to compete with GM but there seems to be no sort of discounts, i really dont want to buy an american car, just because how fast it depreciates and everything, plus there is goin to be problems with it in no time, so are there really any deals that the japanese car companies are having right now?

2. Jkuao

Jkuao New Member

They've made a pact amongst themselves to limit their own market share so as to not crush the American auto industry. Also, the 0% 60 month loans w/ x,000 cash back is what kills a brand's resale value in the first place. Why buy used when you can get a new one for $10,000 off sticker and less than what a used one blue books for.

As for the best deal available...you have to ask yourself is a loaded out Chevy Malibu on the same level as a Honda Accord or a Toyota Camry to justify a $26k window price? Or is it just there so they can still make a profit when they give you a 6k discount to put it at 20k. Both Japanese models are made in America but they still have generally superior engineering and better resale value than their domesti brand competitors.

Also, cross shopping between American/Japanese is a difficult game since they are very different cars these days. If you find yourself liking American cars more, then go for it. With all the money you save, you can pick up an extended warranty should anything go wrong. If a Japanese car is what you really want, then spend time cross shopping dealers to find the best deal.

Picking the car with the cheapest monthly payment works fine if you plan on holding onto the car forever since resale won't hurt and most American brands have improved their reliability a good deal. If you're into the 3-4 year car swap cycle a Japanese car will be a better bet if the two end up the same price.

3. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

The short story is that the Japanese makes aren't having problems selling thier cars, thus they don't need to slash prices or offer insane financing deals in order to gin up demand.

That said, if you're willing to wait and look around a bit, you can find some deals. In particular, Honda tends to offer 1.9% APR and cash back toward the end of each model year and on certain holidays. I very nearly bought a Civic LX sedan during one of these deals a couple years ago (and probably should have, in hindsight).

4. ndnspongenbob

ndnspongenbob New Member

i dont care about financing, i usually try not to do anything on credit, just buy it outright after saving up, so im just worried about the price

5. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

That is what I was going to say.. they dont have to do this.. their cars are selling without price slashing.

Its comes down to also with Japanese cars you get a better vehicle

6. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

GM is "on the verge of bankruptcy" thats why they are having a huge sale.

7. aballas

aballas New Member

american cars are just inferior......of course they have to slash prices. they aren't worth half what they're asking for them and won't retain ANY resale value later on

8. iNteGraz92

iNteGraz92 trolling apple sackriders is just too damn easy

toyota has sales every freaking month
    :dunno:

9. Y2kAccord

They never have had price slashing several thousand off to move stuff off the lot. They are stickly the sticker is what you pay.. because they can

10. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

Corvette and Vipers > Ferrari's and other over priced Euros

Just for the record I am not a fan of domestic cars

But I dont think you meant ALL domestic cars...?

11. Y2kAccord

you lost all credibility with this statement.. please drink a gallon of bleach immediately

12. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

ever been to a FKN road course? maybe you should and see for yourself.

Just compare corvettes to Ferraris or Euro sports cars

I bet you havent even been in a vette or any Euro sports cars. you probably go with what a FKN magazines tell you. High price tag doesnt mean shit.

You really think I care what you have to say? you really FKN think so? People like you need to stop talking out of there ass

How old are you BTW? 16 17 18?

13. Y2kAccord

So you are saying a mass produced plastic car with plastic interior is a better car than a Hand built Italian Exotic

and you are calling me 16yo :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have driven a few C4s, a C5 and C6 and based on my experience you even thinking they are comparable you are smoking crack

Clorox pronto

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  14. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

Stay down south man dont bring your ass up north.

ARE ALL PEOPLE FROM TEXAS DUMB [email protected]?? somebody please

15. Y2kAccord

:greddy:

16. SakoTGrimes

SakoTGrimes New Member

(Most) Japanese manufacturers actually spend a good amount of money designing their cars and cannot afford to slash their prices, unlike the big 3 who hire inbred dropouts to weild cookie cutters to pump out as many T**rus's for as little $$ as possible.