easter egg creation for DVD

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by integraMAHxC, Apr 25, 2007.

1. integraMAHxC

integraMAHxC New Member

dont know if anyone here can help, but thus far a quick search hasnt sprouted answers. so im makin a tribute slideshow dvd to my friend who recently passed. i want to have a point in the slideshow. where u can push the enter key and it will g2 an old funny clip of my friend. similar 2 dvds where u can hit the enter key @ like action sequences of movies and see hidden movies of how it was made.. any ideas folks.. i got idvd, imovie, final cut hd, and dvd studio 2 play w/

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

umm...

so you dont want to just add another button on the DVD menu to view the clip?

3. integraMAHxC

integraMAHxC New Member

nah.. its gonna b like an inside thing for my friends to know to push the enter key when they see the marine logo. and it will bring em to an old slapping video w/ some funny antics of our fallen marine

4. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

not a clue

5. elevator

elevator The tenants think it's wonderful! ヽ(´ OT Supporter

When I do easter eggs with idvd, I just add the hidden video to the menu last and put a "." as the label and move it to the bottom right of the screen so you won't see it when the menu comes up. Then I tell them to go to the last menu selection and press down once or whatever, then enter.

Not as clever/fun, but :dunno:

6. unless you are using a program like DVDSP that supports partition programming, just add a button (with no overlay) somewhere on your menu so when you are using the remote, after your last button, all you ahve to do is push "right" on the remote and "enter" and it goes to that secret track.