MIL EAS in December... dunno what to do

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by NPH, Apr 18, 2007.

1. NPH

NPH Guest

My EAS is creeping up closer and closer. I'm not sure what to do. Sometimes I get so pissed off at the military on how they just get too involved into my personal life (going through divorce right now and it has affected my professional life). I get tired of the people I work with/for. My leaders are sometimes the b. If I can work for them, I can work for anyone.

I'm a Cpl in the Marine Corps. Should be close to picking up Sgt by the end of this year, but I don't know if I want to sign up for another four. I really don't have a game plan. The last three years I did a lot of computer work (hardware, software and a lot of Microsoft Access building databases). I'd pursue something in that field if I were to get out or do the traditional "law enforcement" thing everyone around here seems to do.

I don't know. I don't want to be one of those who get out and gotta get a shitty job to survive. I guess what I'm trying to ask is.. how's the job market out there for IT and Law Enforcement for those with prior military service?

2. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Pick one.

There are alot of jobs for IT out there.

3. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

You will be looking at entry IT level at the most. I think life would be different as a Sgt than a Cpl, but I am AF so what do I know?

4. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

No it didnt change much other than getting twice the responsibilities, and dealing with alot more bullshit.

I personally would get out and go IT. Good money in that field. You have already got experience and I assume you have probably took alot of classes and certs and stuff and that even looks better.

You in the 06 field?

5. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

all depends on where you are moving to...

6. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

To make a ton of money, he needs a degree. His certs should be paid for by his MGIB. As for his CCIE, the training can be paid for by the company that hires him. This is a common thing in the IT field. If he doens't have any certs, no degree, and only experience, his job hunt is going to be limited. I hope he has a clearance and some experience in Prominas or other odd harware/software to make himself more marketable.

7. bonker77

bonker77 New Member

Re-up. Do it. Go to school over the next 4 and see what happens.

8. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

re-enlisting is a lomg term solution to a short term problem. dont do it.

9. SoCaLlove

SoCaLlove New Member

bas till you eas.

10. NPH

NPH Guest

Nope, I'm admin (0121). I never did my MOS until this year. So for 3 years, I did nothing but hardware/software support for the IPAC and the last year started doing databases on top of that. Lots of networking and database experience. My I'm doing dumb ass admin shit.. I fucking hate it.

11. NPH

NPH Guest

wtf is that supposed to mean?