Early morning work outs

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by PaddoK, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddoK

PaddoK Some dolphins get massacred, some dolphins get blo

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11355/574; U; en))

So recently my work out schedule has totally fallen off just due to being busy after work. I think I'm going to try and start going first think in the AM before work at like 6 or 7 AM.

I read once that you shouldn't work out first thing in the morning because it takes an hour to get the fluid out of you spine or something like that. Any truth to this? Should I eat before I lift? Anybody have any tips or just treat it like a normal work out?

2. jonno

jonno New Member

i'll go and do cardio in the morning but i try to not lift in the morning unless i have to... energy level usually blows dick. even if i pop a caffeine pill or two

3. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Stay hydrated

your energy might suck at first but you get used to it, even if you don't eat beforehand

4. PaddoK

PaddoK Some dolphins get massacred, some dolphins get blo

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11355/574; U; en))

I'd definately sip coffee before hand. But I'd like to lift ideally. I've fallen waaaay offf.

5. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

when I squat on sunday mornings I'll get up around 5 eat an omlet and oatmeal then go back to sleep. Around 8 or so I'll get up and eat again so I have plenty of food in me.

6. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I've had great workouts at 6 or 7am and tons of folks lift at that time. Just probably need to wamup more thoroughly.

What time are you planning to wake up by?

7. React

React Still Strong

probably the best advice. I NEVER workout in the mornings because I hate rushing and my head/intensity usually isn't in it. Besides I've read doing legs (squat) early in the morning is bad for your spine. Late night > Early morning

8. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

I always get up at least an hour and a half before any lifting to make sure I eat and get fully awake. Drink a glass of water before you get to that coffee too.

9. mild83

mild83 New Member

I usually have more energy in the mornings. I get up about 1 hour beforehand, drink b/w 24-32 oz of water over the hour and sometimes a diet soda w/ caffiene. No issues besides the normal wear and tear of lifting major weight, bro.

10. SlowNegative

SlowNegative Her name is Rio

Fluid out of your spine? I've been lifting around 5am for the past 2 years. It takes some getting used to, but it's awesome knocking out your workout first thing. If your feet hit the floor out of bed, you have no excuse.

11. Anabolic Pop-Tarts

Anabolic Pop-Tarts New Member

Same.

Suck it up bro. Mornings are fine.

12. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I've been squatting heavy on sunday mornings for almost 3 years now and the only time I have hurt my back is when I tried to squat 800+ after not squatting anything over 315 for 2+ months.

13. synthetic

synthetic New Member

eat a heavy meal the night before, wake up with a good coffee and go, but if your focus is strength it will suffer a bit... but for cardio and what not mornings are perfect because you dont have to worry the rest of the day if you will make your work out or not. in the case of looking for strength cycle in 1 or 2 days that have a later work out where your focus is heavy lifting

14. 4cd-Air

or instead of that dumb shit, you could eat breakfast first and actually lift weights

15. synthetic

synthetic New Member

i work out 30 min afterwaking up.. so to have all the food pushing on my stomach when doing some deads or squats in the morning is not a great feeling

16. DaFreak963

DaFreak963 New Member

I tried it for a month but while cutting weight so my energy levels were low for obvious reasons. However, every now and then I'll work out in the morning while not cutting and have found that my CNS is not at its best. I move slowly and me energy levels are lower than in the afternoon

17. 4cd-Air

so wake up earlier

18. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

I always plan to wake up at 11 and hit the weights by noon. Never seems to work out that way :hsugh:

19. ReFreshing

ReFreshing OT Supporter

i get motivated when i work out in the mornings by knowing that most other people are being pussies sleeping

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.