Earbuds: Shure se110 vs Bose In-Ear

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by WyldKat, Feb 4, 2008.

1. WyldKat

WyldKat Come with me if you want to live.

[​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

I could honestly give fuck all about isolation, I'm mostly wanting something that sounds better than my iPod earbuds and will stay in my ear when I'm jogging. I was told the Bose are great for that and I can pick them up for $50, not sure how much I can get the Shures. I'm not even sure I should go with earbuds. :o

Any OTers savvy with earbuds? Especially working out with them?

2. PEnGUiN188

PEnGUiN188 New Member

3. WyldKat

Yeah those are a bit out of my price range :o

They share a pretty similar design though, how well do they stay in your ears when you run/jog?

4. WyldKat

I went ahead and bought the Bose after concerns from reading lots of reviews on the Shure about them falling out while being active.

The Bose are great and stayed in my ear the whole time I worked out. It's actually a good thing they aren't isolating if you're out on the streets and don't feel like getting ran over. :p

5. PEnGUiN188

PEnGUiN188 New Member

I have never ran in the Shures.

6. slod16

slod16 New Member

I have those Shures and fucking love them. I also listened to the ones right above those ($149) and didn't like them as much as the the 110's. I have also listened to the Bose. They sound very similar, but the Shure's are a hell of a lot more comfortable to me. They stay in your ear much better. You get 3 or 4 other ear buds. They have memory foam buds as well as the rubber ones. The memory foam buds totally seal off your ears. You can't hear shit except your music with them on and people can't hear what you are listening to no matter how loud you play your music. The Bose can't compete with the Shures in my opinion

7. slod16

slod16 New Member

It depends on how you wear the Shures. You wear them different than regular ear buds.