TAT Ear Piercings

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ncsuemme, Dec 29, 2004.

1. ncsuemme

ncsuemme Guest

I'm just a wimp, but I want to get a couple of lobe piercings done at once. Do y'all suggest it? I'd probably just be going to a place that does it inexpensively, not a full-out piercing parlor, b/c it's lobe piercings. But I want to get atleast 2 in each lobe, and I wasn't sure how tough it is to keep up with them/take care of them. The only other piercing I have are my once in my lobes, when I was a baby.

2. Tweekend

Tweekend New Member

Go for it if you want, not much of an exciting upgrade lol but if you like it that's all that matters

3. Who Mike D

Who Mike D Local Hustler

pffft safety pin and bactine >* you

4. ncsuemme

ncsuemme Guest

hahaha i'm a wuss to pierce my own ears. i'd rather go to a cheap place (Claire's, Piercing Pagoda, etc) and get them done. I'm thinking about something else, like my tragus, etc, but I'm still not sure what I want, so I'm gonna wait for that. But if/when I do decide to do that, that'll be a trusted piercing parlor for sure. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it messes w/your ear to get a bunch of holes at once.

5. Tweekend

Tweekend New Member

screw piercing pagoda, I got mine done there once when I was in the 9th grade and it got infected and Ijust said screw it, took em out and let em heal up. Seriously, go to a parlor or something..and I dunno what a tragus is but go for it

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

DO NOT GO THE INEXPENSIVE ROUTE!!!! why take a chance with your body? its proven that piercing guns are unsterile and dangerous. you're forcing a dull stud through your skin. go to a piercing studio and have it done correctly

7. I agree, it is safer to go to a qualified piercer. Remember, you get what you pay for. Go for cheap and you get cheap.

I am up to 4 piercings in my left ear now, plan on getting 6. I have two lobe, one cartilage and a tragus. I want a rook and another catilage in a month or so.

8. ncsuemme

ncsuemme Guest

i know, i know, that i get what i pay for. but i'm already usually broke. the only parlor near by that i'd go to charges $50 for ear piercings. if i want 2-4 more holes, that's 200 fucking dollars. i don't have the money for that, and it's a rip off. if i get anything done with a gun, it'll be the lobe. i don't trust it for cartiledge, etc. but if i decide to get my tragus done, it'll be at Blue Flame, in Raleigh, NC, where I would go. Btw, this is a tragus piercing:

[​IMG]

9. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Wait until you can actually afford the piercing then. Seriously...save up, go get it done professionally as opposed by some snot nosed teenager working at Claires so she can afford her first car and could give a crap if the inappropriately sized piece of blunt metal she just shoved through your ear while snapping her gum will become infected or not. Her reputation is NOT on the line.
    I know that sounds smart assed..but seriously. Do some reading on bmezine.com and read the horror stories associated with piercing gun modifications. While i can absolutely appreciate your need to pierce..wait until you are in a position to make a healthy choice for your body. Money should never be the reason behind making a piercing choice.

10. ncsuemme

ncsuemme Guest

well, i definitely know that i don't want half-assed piercings, but my problem isn't totally that i couldn't save up the $200...it's just that i don't particularly see how 4 lobe piercings are worth $200. esp as a college student, that's a lot of fucking money! :rant2: but i haven't actually talked to anyone at blue flame about the piercings, so maybe if i do, they might offer a better price. i only know they charge $50 from the sign i saw when i had been in there, once last year. i just don't feel like a lobe piercing is worth $50. for a trigus, or for other piercings and tattoos, i will definitely pay good money for them, but i don't see this as a major piercing. :ugh:

11. LadyRacerTRD

LadyRacerTRD Guest

I got my rook, daith, tragus and 3 in the lobes. I paid $40 each. I got one piercing at a time (except for the lobes) because I need an ear to rest the phone on and to sleep on.. but none of them hurt or got infected.

12. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

how much is your body worth? here's your options

go to clares, get pierced by an unsterile gun and a crappy gold stud, get an infection then pay the $$$ for your antibiotics and doctors visit.

or

go to a piercing studio, pay to be pierced with a sterile single use needle and high quality stainless/titanium jewelry(which is where 85% of the cost comes from) and have a happy healed piercing.

makes a lot of sense to me and others to go with option 2! most of the cost at piercing shops is for the jewelry and sterility.

13. ncsuemme

ncsuemme Guest

well that's something i need to find out about at Blue Flame, where I'd get it done. if i get a nice barbell or whatnot w/the piercing, in the price, then I might just have it done there. And I guess I just have never met anyone that has gotten their lobes done w/a gun that has gotten infected. But I know that still doesn't make my chances any better. :doh:

14. quikkstylez

quikkstylez i am not asian.

200 for 4 lobe piercings? :ugh:

how the fuck, i paid 30 bucks for 10ga's in both my ears, including jewlery

15. AQT4u2NV

AQT4u2NV Guest

If I were you I would do one in each ear at a time then go from there. Let them heal up first (give it about 6 weeks), then get the 2nd, etc. That'll reduce the chance of them all getting infected.

just my 2 cents

16. desired_apathy

desired_apathy New Member

doing your own piercings >*

17. RJ

RJ Guest

yea... if its really goin to cost you 200$, buy some needles and do them yourself... it'll cost way less

18. ncsuemme

ncsuemme Guest

like i've said before, i'm way too lame to do it myself. if i trusted a friend to do it (which I do know one person who I might trust to do it), I'd ask her. But I went last night and got it done at one of the mall-places. I know, I know, the guns suck ass, but I wanted to get it done. I prolly should have just gotten one set at a time, but I wanted them both. Hey, when I'm cleaning them, instead of using the cotton swab w/the cleaner, can I just douse them w/cleaner? I've got a squirt-type bottle, and I'm just no good w/a cotton swab. :hs: i know, i'm a 'tard.

19. Tweekend

Tweekend New Member

Just wanna let you know, I'm not mad at you, I'm just disappointed..ha j/k anyways, I used the cotton swab/q-tip deal, it's prob more effective then just spraying them, but I say it'll work both ways, you'll just have to clean up more afterwards if you're just gonna squirt that stuff everywhere instead of applying it..

20. Dietrich

Dietrich Guest

I didn't have any major problems when I had my lobe done twice at the same time with a gun... I got bored and took them out though.

Since then, I wanted them done again so I did them both myself (well actually, my girlfriend did the second one). Again, no problems. Just keep it clean and you're well away with lobe piercings.

Tom

21. MonkMonk

MonkMonk New Member

do it yourself and be a man

22. Kpac0

Kpac0 Guest

what do you use???

23. Synner

Synner New Member

Hollow piercing needles. Start with a CBR. Take the ball out, put an end into the needle, pierce, feed the needle through, put the ball back in. Ring openers/closers would be good, but if you can tough it out, you don't need it.

24. Kpac0

Kpac0 Guest

ehh.. i doubt ill ever get my ears pierced, probably somwhere else.

:dunno:

25. Xplora

Xplora New Member

I paid $18 for 6 piercings at Corey's Jewerly box here in our Mall. I have never had any problems with infection or anything. So I always go the cheap route...after all it is only your ears...I've got 8 in my ears all together all done at the same place...no problems at all