TAT ear piercing stretching/guaging?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Vteg, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Vteg

Vteg Guest

Im gonna get my ear pierced tomorrow. I want to stretch it so I can get like a 4-6guage plug. How do I go about doing this, Ive had mixed opinions on how to do it. some people say to use one of them acrylic pointy spick things, others say to use a golf tee, while others say to hang fishing weights off the earring. which is the best way, and how long should I wait from getting it pierced to beginning to stretch it?

2. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

if you can stand the pain, you can go to a 6 guage right off. If not i say pierced at a 10 or an 8. ( I started at a 10g and now I'm at 1/2in) I would wait about 2 or 3 weeks after you pierce to stretch. Their are many options on how to go about it. The best thing to do is to talk to your local piercer about it

3. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

I stretched mine w/ a golf tee...I'm at a 6 right now.

4. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

if you know for sure that you are gonna want 6 or 4.. just get pierced at that... much easier in the long run.. less fun but easier

5. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

oh and if you get pierced at a regular size, say like a 14 or 12, you need to let it completely heal before stretching, at least 2 months if not 3 and only go up 1.. ONE size at a time, then wait at least a month or so before stretching again

6. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Member

ive seen people get dermal punched... its not pretty, and neither is a 6ga needle.

the problem w/ "mall" style places is that 1) the "gun" can't be steralized because its plastic and 2) the piercing stud pushes its way thru the skin. a needle is hollow and removes skin so that there is room for the jewelry to sit and heal properly, which is extremely important in cartilidge piercings.

however, should you get pierced w/ a 6ga needle, expect a LOT of blood a fairly long healing time, as you are removing a LOT more skin then w/ say a 10 or 12ga needle

after you are pierced intially, do what nickos said... wait at least 2-3 months for it to be fully fully healed. id advice against buying talon's and tapers and trying to do it yourself... its easier, quicker and better in the long run to have a professional do it for you. once you hit about 00ga, the stretching process gets a bit easier, but healing time can take a tad longer

7. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

dude.. needles dont remove any tissue... the needles are hollow because they a medical syringe needles thats all.. they are beveled and when the skin is pierced with them they cut a crescent shaped line.. and as far as expecting alot of blood from a 6ga piercing.. especially on the earlobe.. no waythe tissue swells up around the jewelry and that stops the bleeding and it all happens pretty fast

8. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

Please don't give advice when you have no idea what you are talking about. Needles only displace the tissue unless it is a hollow needle. not ALL dermal punches bleed. It is different from person to person. and there is nothing wrong with stretching yourself if you are careful and listen to your body.

9. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

even hollow needles leave tissue all therefor the most part.. there are under certian circumstances where tissue could be removed like in deep surface piercings

also in suspension sometimes the needle will fill with fat and stuff,, its kinda weird looking

10. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

stretching is part of the fun though... its way more rewarding to start with a little hole and make it a big hole

11. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

stretching is rewarding :p

and i've got 4s you bastard! ;)
    8 to 4! best feelign EVER!

12. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

you stretched too soon!

13. Kool-Keith

Kool-Keith Your freind

I told myself when I started stretching that I would stop at 2ga. I am now a little above 1/2 inch. It's addicting to some people, so I doubt you will want to actually stop at 6ga.

14. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

im gonna stop at 1/2 :o

or maybe not even that far.. right now im at .4 inches and the original piercing in the left ear isnt centered so i would hae to scalpes to fix it and i dunno if i wanna do that

15. SINN3R

SINN3R Guest

what about the tounge? i got pierced with a 10ga in july & stretched to a 8ga. 4 days ago...i wanna goto a 6ga now....how long should i wait?

16. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

when it is comfy again. wait ATLEAST a month. you'll know when your body is ready though

17. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

With my tongue, I stretched it one size up every 30 days to the date. Went from 12 to 10 to 8 to 6. Never had a problem. but don't force it, if the piercing won't go in give it more time. Skin naturally loosens around a piercing, rather wait a bit for it to take the new guage then tear the skin.

my advice on the ears, stretching is fun, I got my peirced at a 10, went to an 8 about a month later, then from an 8 to a 2 about 4 months later. It hurt like a bitch, but I love the weight of the 2g. I don't know if I'm gonna go any bigger or not. My next will probably be stretching my frenum to a 10 or an 8, not sure yet.

18. xoolinzyoox

xoolinzyoox New Member

if u waited long enough to stretch again, that shit wouldnt happen :slap:

19. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

20. b20civic

b20civic skateboarding is not a crime

i started at 14, waited a few months, then went to 10. I am at 8g right now, contemplating 6. lol

21. xoolinzyoox

xoolinzyoox New Member

i had minimal pain for almost every guage i tryed, but i beleive its because i didnt wait long enough, i was 8 guage for about 4 months, then i just went to 6 around xmas, NO pain what so ever, it was great. before when i had some discomfort going up a single guage, i wated around 2-4 weeks, i think ive learned my lesson.

22. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

I went 12 > 8 > 6 > 4.

I would suggest getting it pierced with a 12/14 and just stretch it every few weeks. It's probably a lot less painful than the dermal punch.