TAT ear piercing? infected??

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by thisgsx, Oct 7, 2005.

1. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

I had my left ear lobe pierced about a year ago, it healed fine. A few months ago I went ahead and did my right ear lobe as well, but up to this day, it's not fully healed. Im pretty sure it's infected, but what can I do? I dip my earlobe in alcohol 2-3 times a day, morning, midday, and at night. Whenever I twist the earring, it hurts. It's not swollen, it just hurts, it hurts like it was a new piercing. Please advise me on what I should do. I dont really want to take out the earring and let it heal, because then I would have to go back and get it pierced again. HELP!!

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Stop with the alcohol and stop turning the earring. Use either a mild antibacterial soap to clean it or do warm sea salt soaks.

3. rioter

rioter New Member

as suggested stop with the alcohol, it will dry out your skin, do a salt bath 2 times a day rock salt not table salt(nasty chemicals) and rinse it off with warm water.
    anti-bacterial soap i would only recommend if its seeping liquid as it will kill off both good and bad bacteria.

can i ask, was it done with a gun? just as future advice avoid them at all costs, most are done by untrained people hence its not sanatised properly, and most are made from plastic and you can not sterlise that to well, that and the method forcing a blunt stud through flesh, it can cause flesh trauma and a fair few other things.

4. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

hey thanks a lot, yes it was pierced by a gun, not the auto ones but the one where you have to squeeze. What is this rock salt you guys speak of? Is it just the regular over the counter stuff you buy at food supermarkets??

5. Peeps

Peeps New Member

Definately stop the alcohol. That stuff is horrible for piercings. I always used dial anti-bacterial soap for all my piercings and they healed just fine.

6. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

Cool, I'll go get some dial. Thanks!