TAT Ear Pierced, Bored Now ... Need Advice

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by blindarrow, Apr 11, 2004.

1. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

I got my ear pierced roughly a little over a month ago. I could go look on the papers for the exact date, but I'm too lazy to right now.

Before anyone asks, yes, it was done at a place in the local mall ... I work inside the mall, and a friend was nervous about getting his ear pierced. I wanted to help him out, so I went & got mine done first to illustrate that it didn't hurt. It was just your normal old piercing ... my main bore with it, is the fact that all jewelry for it is fugly, so I'm looking at possibly wanting to stretch it up to something a little bit better so I can have more options.

My problem is that I have no idea what you would classify just a regular, normal piercing done by a "mall shop." I don't know what the size is or anything, or even where to start gauge-wise to stretch it. I'll probably hold off on stretching it a little longer, just to give the healing time a bit more breathing room, but I still wanted to get some help on the who what when & where, so-to-speak.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, what would be a good size to stop at? I'm not looking at anything overly crazy, as my job still requires for me to be a bit on the conservative side, but I want to find a common enough gauge that I can get good jewelry for it.

2. ZimDogg

ZimDogg New Member

mall places are usually about 18 guage

3. Welsh0913

Welsh0913 OT Supporter

What are exactly common enough gauges? :o Im noob

4. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

"Common Enough," in my book, will be no bigger than a 14 gauge ...

Most of the jewelry I've been looking at has been 18-16.

A friend of mine said it was 22 ... I don't know anything about piercings yet, so is that possible?