TAT Ear Gauge maintenence?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by torque_nut, Sep 3, 2007.

1. torque_nut

torque_nut New Member

I've had gauges for a while but none of my friends have em so I can't ask em. Is it ok to sleep with them on or should I take em off? I've noticed if I don't take em off they get this white gunky crap that smells but it's not infected or anything. Is this normal?

2. b3av3r

b3av3r Member

yes, its typically called ear cheese and is basically dead cells collecting on your jewelry

personally I sleep with my jewelry in, some people don't, I know my holes would shrink up too much to work my jewelry back in without a taper thats why I leave them in.

you really should pull your jewelry out at least once a day and clean everything up with some soap and water

3. torque_nut

torque_nut New Member

well i've been taking showers at night lately and cleaning them in the shower and putting them on in the morning and seems to work pretty good but since none of my friends have gauges I couldn't ask em but at least now I know :mamoru:

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

You sleep with gauges in your ears??? Is that to see how much your ear size fluctuates? or to see how much psi or boost your ears produce while sleeping??

5. torque_nut

torque_nut New Member

:rofl::rofl: I can't hit more than 4.5psi when I sleep haha. I dunno. I thought it was normal to sleep with your gauges on.

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

So really you're sleeping with your EARRINGS in?:hsugh: Cause if that's the case I can help you.

7. torque_nut

torque_nut New Member

Yeah I am. what do you mean help me though :hsughno:

8. Memor

Memor Active Member

He means that you saying "i sleep with gauges in my ear" is just as correct as saying "i sleep with girth units in my ear." It makes no sense. We know what you mean, but use the right words :mad:

9. torque_nut

torque_nut New Member

Oh... I get it now. Good god i'm retarded :rofl::rofl:

10. Spazz

Spazz New Member

I usually sleep with mine in.

Some people say that it's bad for the tissue to have pressure put on it while you're sleeping, but I've never really noticed any difference, even at the "larger" (I'm at 1/2 an inch) size that I'm at.

My buddy with 2 inch lobes usually takes his out while he sleeps, but that's just a preference of his.

And dude, ear funk is part of the game. You can cut down on it by wearing different materials such as glass, stone, or silicone (<3 my Kaos). I get hardly ANY cheese on my cat's eye plugs, but I used to get really super funky stuff on my titanium flesh tunnels. And FFS take a shower every once in a while :p

tl;dr
    Sleep in 'em, don't wear metal, and clean yourself, you funky bastard

11. AccessFlux

AccessFlux Dream Police

i hate to be a know it all - but a gauge is a measurement :p

i've found the best care for you ears is - oiling your lobes twice a day, cleaning them in the shower twice a day, and if you can, spend as much time not wearing jewellery - the down time helps let blood circulate, along with oiling them.

i don't sleep with my plugs in, and i can leave them out for up to a few days before they start shrinking.

12. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

I sleep with my plugs in maybe 4-5 days out of the week. I can't leave them out for more than a day because it becomes a pain to pop my double flared jewelry back in later. The cheese happens, deal with it. For me, it tends ot be when i wear metal that I get a lot of funk. If I'm wearing glass, wood or stone it's WAY cleaner. Just keep your holes clean and you should be good to go.