GUN EAA Witness

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bader3245, Oct 13, 2009.

1. bader3245

bader3245 New Member

I have a Baby Eagle Compact .40 S&W and absolutely love the gun other than the slide safety. I do have a ton of rounds through it and trust it as my carry gun despite the weight.

My friend (integra_gsr98) has a worked over CZ-75 9mm and that thing shoots like a dream. I would also like to have an EAA Witness worked over to a degree of border line race gun (SA Only, Short & Light trigger, skeleton hammer, yadda yadda.) is this possible with the same parts as the CZ?

I want to start with a 9mm Wonder Finish Full Size Standard, but would also like to have the parts on hand to switch it over to 10mm because my penor is small. Does anyone know if you need a new slide for this, or can it be done with barrel and mags.

Thanks for your help in advance WMD!

2. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

my head hurts a little

3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

If your asking if CZ parts it in EAA guns then the answer is NO

4. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Are all the new Witnesses the large frame variety? Did they get the feeding issues ever worked out (they use to not feed anything other than 38Super)?

Like Yar said.... CZ/EAA stuff isn't interchangeable. If you like that feel, the '75SA is still the best thing going.

5. bader3245

bader3245 New Member

I am not sure about the feeding issues. The EAA fits my hand better than the CZ and I do like the looks a bit better (slightly negligible). Plus, I would like something different than integra_gsr98 has.

6. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Then you need to call Hennnig (www.henningshootsguns.com). He's the guy who deals with Tanfo's.

7. bader3245

bader3245 New Member

noted, thank you. will call tomorrow. I got a sucker to buy my used PX4 for 550 today :)

8. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

one of my squadmates is a Grauffel/EAA whore. According to him word is they got the 9mm feed issues fixed (we are talking high cap race guns). Though it seems only a select few like henning, and eric G actually have guns that work. Rumor is that the Euro's have the working mags and they haven't made it here yet. My buddy has 2 Grauffel guns.

Honestly every time I see my buddy shoot his Grauffel guns they break like talking sheer the locking lugs. He claims it's fixed but I have yet to see them run.