E36 Suspension/Drivetrain issue

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Demo Dick, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Demo Dick

Demo Dick I will treat you all alike. Just Like Shit!

So I have a 1993 325 IS, completely stock save the ///Mcontours that it rolls on.

My Problem.

Whenever I corner HARD to the right the car makes an insanely loud "Knock Knock Knock Knock" sound that sounds like it is coming from under the rear passenger floorboard. It sounds like somone is pounding on the floorboard with a hammer. The car only does this when thrown into a corner very hard. It just started doing this last week. I hit the same corner every day when I leave work & slide the ass end around (gonna have to take a picture of this corner..it rocks) & when I hit is last tuesday this knock started.

The car has had nothing happen to it such as a wreck or curb jump. If you drive like a normal person instead of trying to do a Schumacher immatation you would not know anything is wrong.

I have taken it to the local Bimmer Shop, & they said they could not reproduce the problem (how I have no idea I can make the car do it at will), guess I amgoing to have to take the shop guys for a ride.

Anyone else ever have this happen, or know what it might be?

2. someguy

someguy WWMD?

Check the subframe mounts

The rear floor can detach from the differential and cause some expensive problems. ($2500+)

3. Demo Dick

Demo Dick I will treat you all alike. Just Like Shit!

Will do. $2500 would not be what I want to spend on the 325, all my $$ is headed twards a 99 ///M3:bigthumb:

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

Rear shock mount?

:sad2: You know that is a really common failure on our cars. Jack it up and take a look.

5. Omied2k

Omied2k Guest

wheel bearing?

6. frinky23

frinky23 Bangle Sackrider

I know a guy who had a knocking coming from that area on his Grand Prix. Ended up being a bent sway bar. Check that out too.