e36 m3 owners,

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by BlueadderGTP, Mar 13, 2003.

1. BlueadderGTP

BlueadderGTP Ragin Cajun?

How difficult are these cars to work or do you have to bring them to a dealer just to do minor maintence?

I am considering purchasing one as my next vehicle and I am just trying to get some ideas and opinions on different things dealing with the e36.

Would something like this be worth it?
    http://www.roadfly.org/bmw/classifieds/cars/detview.php?view=11575

Jacob

Last edited: Mar 13, 2003
  2. MPower6

MPower6 Guest

I've done all the basic stuff on my car no problem. All fluid changes are a peice of cake (top mounted oil filter rocks :big grin:), belts are easy, spark plugs ditto, er... I think thats about the only routine stuff I've had to do on my car actually... At least off the top of my head. BMWs in general are pretty easy to work on (yeah I'm sure theres definatly some stuff thats a PITA, but less than alot of cars). My family has had bimmers for about 15 years now and I've helped my dad do clutches, driveshafts, fuel injectors and lots more stuff that I don't even remember. :) All without any real problems. My dad is good with cars, but not a uber mechanic or anything.

Your ebay link is screwed up.

Go with the E36 M3, you'll love it. :big grin:

3. BlueadderGTP

BlueadderGTP Ragin Cajun?

Thanks for the advice. That ebay auction ended so the link got screwed up. I replaced it with someone local that I found.

He has a large mod list. How does this look to you guys? And do you think offering 20,000 for it would be fair on my part?

4. wnut

wnut Guest

his mod list isn't that extensive, pretty much just basic reversible stuff. I actually think what he's asking is fair, but $20k would be even better. 97 is the year that they replaced the 3.0 motor with the 3.2l

i had a 97 dinan charged M3 coupe. cosmos black on black, loved it. (modded almost every performance aspect of the car, but left the body and interior pretty much stock) sold the car pretty much because it was taking up most of my bank acct and time.