E-Commerce Web guru help needed!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by UsualSuspect, Jan 5, 2004.

1. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Sic Semper Tyrannis

I am going to purchase a shopping cart program and a credit card processing program for a web site I am working on. Can anyone reccomend a program/s that they have had success with?

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

verisign payflowpro is what i use... pretty simple to code for, and i have some example code you can peek at if you end up going with that.

what is your website coded in?

3. piyo319

piyo319 i

buying merchant processing software is going to be pricey, if they can afford go for it, you can try moneris.com which isnt bad, but if not, PayPal is a good and cheap alternative.

4. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Sic Semper Tyrannis

It is in HTML (FP-XP) right now. I designed the site for a customer and today talked with the hosts of an on-line catalog they are going to link to. I just waded through the paperwork on that and learned that I need a shopping cart for the catalog to store to and a credit card processor. This is my first e-commerce site so I am learning as I go. :o

5. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

well, you can't do CC processing without some kind of server scripting/programming ie. asp, asp.net, php, jsp, etc.

either way you'll end up calling some server-side component to process the payment, and you DEFINATELY want an SSL cert like hsmith mentioned