Dynoed the SS v.its still stock

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by liberals=whiner, Mar 25, 2006.

1. So the car club I hang out with had a dyno day today, I was third and didnt stick around but before I left they dyno'd a SRT8 charger
    [​IMG]

that made 346 rwhp

this gt with dumped exhaust
    [​IMG]

that made 27? rwhp

and my dirty piece (that I love anyway)
    [​IMG]

I made 317 rwhp on a stock 68000 mile motor. Overall I'm pretty pleased.
    [​IMG]

My only complaint was the guy in the drivers seat. Yes thank you I know my rev limiter is at 6200, thank you for testing it 3 fucking times. The other guys that where there said they could here the valves start floating and possibly some detonation :dunno:

ibchevyinteriorsucks
    ibmycarsucks
    ibsomeoneelsesmakesmorepowerstock

2. dr.zed

dr.zed DR.ZED OT Supporter

Nice numbers on the SRT8. I wonder if it is even broken in yet? Looks like it is slightly underrated.

The SS is making great numbers stock. An aftermarket lid, and a cutout and that thing should make 330RWHP easily. Love the stock LS1s.

I have a 94LT1 with mac mid lengths, stock heads, cam, no cat and a cutout and made 340 RWHP. I have to sweat balls to make good numbers without diving into the heads. Though my torque will always make my car really fun to drive.

... and LOL at Chevy interiors suck. :)

Just a few fun pix of my Camaro. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. its already got a lid, so I guess it isnt really stock but I dont rhink a lid is worth bragging about yet. I have true duals and headers planned. Hopefully I will be able to dyno again after that to see what improvment it makes. I really need to get an ls6 intake (I missed it by one year)

I was really surpsrised by how much torque it made that soon.

nice Z, lt1's are great motors. I've I hadnt been able to find this one that would have been my next choice.

4. Possum Stomper

Possum Stomper The Great Bird of the Galaxy

5. ejawodo

ejawodo New Member

Great numbers for just a lid. Factory freak maybe?

6. it could just be a freak. But thats through a m6 so there is alot less powertrain lose there. I havent seen any other stock dyno graphs. Most have been after significant mods. :dunno:

7. dr.zed

dr.zed DR.ZED OT Supporter

The SS is a 2000 then? That is some great numbers with the lid. True duals are a waste of time, and make ground clearance a REAL issue. Plus you have to buy a panhard relocation bracket from BMR (who now makes it because). Truly, if you want the look, change your tips. If you want MAX power, get a cutout and forget a 3" catback. A cutout will cost you $60 installed, and with the lid and cutout, I'd suspect you'll make close to 345 RWHP.

A buddy of mine had a 1999 Firehawk. He did Mac shorty headers, and I did a Thunder Racing 224 cam on a 114 LSA, with an ASP pulley and he made 360/360. It was crazy... :)

I have to sweat balls for that on my LT1. The torque curve (or should I say line) is fun though. :) I have max torque, ~330RWTQ at 2200 RPM all the way to 4800.

8. candidate zero

candidate zero New Member

You have the exact same car as me, except I have an '01 with lid and cutout.
    Coming from an A4 LT1 the M6 LS1 feels alot faster.