TAT Dying my hair white

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Improvolone, May 19, 2006.

1. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Technicly it's not dying, it's toning, but regardless, it's happening once I get a certain package in the mail. I'm naturally a dirty blonde, and I'm getting a 40 vol bleaching kit with my toner. This should get it decently whiteish yellow, as its made for those with darker hair.
    Does anyone have any experience with going white? I've read that rinsing with a vinegar water mixture right after the process helps your hair keep the color, and I've also read that adding a small bit of violet dye to your conditioner would help keeping the hair white (as violet neutralises the yellow tone you'll have once you bleach).
    Also, I'm looking into things that will allow me to put in coloured streaks that wash out; coloured wax, a paint/gel mixture, coloured hair gel, etc. Any ideas and suggestions for this? I might have to do a bit of trial and error here...

2. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

White like platinum?

3. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

White like... white.
    You bleach the hair hardcore to remove alot of the colour, then use a toner to remove the yellow that is left. The toner is a violet colour, and violet is the opposite of yellow, so it removes the colours trace and voila, white.

4. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

Neat, deffinetly get pics up when you do it.

5. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

So I got my haircut yesterday and talked to my stylist about it.
    I have mixed blonde hair, some of which is fine, and I could easily fry my hair if I bleach it. She suggested I do heavy highlights which would get it to the platinum level I need it at to tone it. To have those profesionaly done, would cost ~$100.
    She said IF I bleach it, use 20 vol, and possibly do it twice. The stuff I have is 40 vol (signifigantly stronger).
    If I bleach it, my hair will be very porous, and any temporary colour I use will soak into the hair. If I highlight it and then tone it, it won't be porous. The heavy highlighting doesn't sound like something I can do or have someone do for me at home for cheap.

Perhaps I will spring for the pro job... the last thing I want to do is fry my hair off.

6. joy division

joy division New Member

I've wanted my hair grey (naturally looking grey) for years. can't figure out how to do it.

7. Mace Windu

Mace Windu OT's Resident Pile of Awesome

I would def. go and get it done professionally.

8. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

:rofl: Yeah, you dont want to end up bald.

9. x deaD piXeL

x deaD piXeL Turn up the fucking music!

in for pics

10. Changed

Changed Guest

keep searching :mamoru2:

11. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

back for my senior prom I had an all white tux w/silver vest, and dyed my hair platinum w/silver highlights to match... it took for ever to get my hiar white since it's naturally very dark brown... so it should be a lot easier for you to get yours white, if you're a dirty blonde.

12. Laurel

Laurel New Member

it's doable. This is me back in 02.
    [​IMG]

Though I did mine on accident, after trying to remove red and purple dyes from my hair. One thing you need to be wary of is making your hair "empty." I believe it looses it's protein when it's bleached too much, and eventually is unable to hold color properly. When I tried to dye my hair a medium blonde after this escapade, I it turned varying shades of grey and dirty pink.

13. FlameBox

FlameBox ΊΧΘΥΣ

I've seen like full on white before.. I think you need to be like super blond naturaly in order to hit anything white with bleach/toners.