DVD / VCR Combo's

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Phil02E46, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Phil02E46

Phil02E46 mystash.org

Anyone have any experience with these? I'm looking at getting one for the bedroom, but wanted to see if anyone had any input on them.

2. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

Seriously man, I think it would be a worthy investment to get your VHS collection archived onto VCD or DVD.

3. Phil02E46

Phil02E46 mystash.org

honestly I don't really have that many vhs tapes, just was thinking it would be cool to have both a dvd and vcr in the bedroom :dunno:

4. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

From what ive seen of these units...all of them are crap. The quality of them is complete crap.
    The DVD playback is of extremely poor quality, and the VHS is half-assed.
    Not to mention the parts are also subpar, in an effort to help keep the cost of the units down.
    I wouldent trust one of those as far as i could throw it...about 48ft.

5. JimboJones

JimboJones Guest

I think there are good and bad units out there just like any other electronic device. This type of product has it tough because it is trying to compete with units that don't cost that much separately, so the price can't be too high. I think that Go-Video is a good brand to look at because they have been the company making quality dual deck VCRs for years. Just my $0.02.

6. edrox

edrox A good man, and thorough

My thinking on this subject is this: Never combine multi-function electronics in a single box. My experience and opinion on this are that you usually wind up with both units being inferior to two separate units on the same chasis. Plus, when the fast-wind motors in the VHS deck crap out, you are out a DVD player as well. Unless you are OK with just using the DVD side and abandoning the VHS side.