dvd subs

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ChillerTwist, Mar 8, 2008.

1. ChillerTwist

ChillerTwist New Member

i have AVI movie and SRT subtitle file. how to burn to a dvd disc so the subs get picked up by my divx dvd player

i usually just burn the avi to a dvd as a data disc cuase my dvd player reads divx... but it's not recognizing the srt file when i burn it onto the disc also.

any help?

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

3. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

If your DVD player isn't picking those things up (check to see if it's meant to support them) then you could hard-encode the subtitles into the video file itself. There should be plenty of tutorials for that floating about on Google as it's very common.

4. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

Videohelp.com has guides on doing this
    AVI2DVD can do this I know, as can DVD Flick. Both create a DVD ISO that you burn with whatever program of your choice.

Or if you want you can try VirtualDub download a subtitle plugin for it then resave the video and make sure the video and audio settings use the Direct Stream so it's not re-ecoding anything. Then the subtitles will be a permanent part of the video

5. ChillerTwist

ChillerTwist New Member

thanks guys

i did some searching and found an app called "convertxtodvd" that converts to dvd and allows me to add subtitles/menus. it gets the job done, but takes a while longer than just burning a dvd data disc. oh well

thanks again!