DVD-RW install problems.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Stev, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Stev

Stev Active Member

Purchased the NEC ND-2500A from newegg a few days ago. It had great reviews other then a freak 2 or 3. Im hoping that i wont be another one. From what ive seen there is no driver for this drive, nero or windows should pick it up automaticly. I have tried every combination of jumper setting and tried all jumper settings on the other(slave) connector on teh IDE ribbon.

When device manager can see it, it says it cannot find drivers for it. NEC website is worthless. I have googled multiple terms and gone about 6 pages deep of each term.

I am fresh out of ideas... everyone else at newegg made it seem like plug and play but to me it seems far from it. I have a good amount of hardware/software background and i am stumped. Anyone else have this drive or any input?

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

does your bios detect it when you boot? i have the same drive and it seems to work just fine.

3. Evil_Gemini

Evil_Gemini New Member

Download the latest version of nero and it should work fine.

Ive had this problem before.

4. tempus

tempus Going quietly insane. OT Supporter

What OS are you using?

I didn't have any problems installing it under Windows XP, and it worked fine with Nero 6. I do, however, have a problem using the drive to burn in iTunes. Anyone else have that problem?

5. Stev

Stev Active Member

hey all, thanx for ur help but it was solved...

It would be detected in BIOS, but device manager wouldnt let it function right or something. I added my other device(dvd/cdrw combo) and set the jumper to slave and suddenly the drive works fine, im on my 4th DVD already and its goin just fine.

thanks for all the help.