DVD Ripping Annoyance

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Apothis, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Apothis

Apothis New Member

Ok, lately I've been using MacTheRipper on some dvds and then reburning them (with main feature only so I don't have to use more expensive DL or lose quality) to new disks in Toast 7 Titanium. It works great except for one thing. The disks I've made have Close Captioning permanently on. I have no idea how to turn that off, or set it to not do that. I'm assuming it's a Toast issue, but I haven't found anything about this.

It's not a huge problem yet. So far it's only affected a few movies for my GF's kids. I prefer to have them playing with expendable copies rather than the originals since kids + optical disks = shiny coasters. Maybe the CC can help teach them to read or something so it's not so bad yet. But if I'm going to continue doing this with our other movies, it's going to become more of an issue if I can't turn off this damn CC.

Anyone know about this stuff?

2. easy4lif

easy4lif New Member

1.) what version of MTR are you using.
    that would help a lot

2.) ripdifferent.com go to the fourms section for anyhelp you need with that program.

2.66 is quite old but works. I have 3.0. you have to donate to get it or find the program on bitorrent.

3. Apothis

Apothis New Member

I have 2.66.

4. jackback52

jackback52 Guest

your best bet is finding a 3.0 version on bitorrent or asking for help from the ripdifferent.com fourms

www.isohunt.com has torrants of Mac the ripper 3.0. just go to that site and type "MTR" on the search bar on the top of the screen

the file is 1.66 mb so it will download FAST