DVD player problems

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Guest, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

when I play DVDs, I get the music and sound effects from my speakers but I can barely hear the voices. I've checked my audio settings on the TV and nothing changes.

It started happening when I watched Fast &Furious and made a change in the Bonus Materials section, I think the option that let's you hear the sound effects only.

Any ideas?

2. 04

04 Guest

Do you have a center channel installed? If not thats what your problem is. Most of the dialogue in movies is sent to the center channel. If you dont have a center channel, set your main speakers to "phantom mode" where the LR speakers will play the center channel.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

nope, no center channel - just the left/right sub, left/right mids, and left/right highs.

4. 04

04 Guest

Did you try to set the reciever to play phantom mode? If not, you are going to either need to get a center channel, or revert to stereo mode. Otherwise you arent going to get any dialogue in movies.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

there's no receiver for the system. The speakers are direct to the TV as is the DVD player. There's no way I can set the DVD player to phantom mode. I'll have to get F&F again and see if I can reverse what I did.