dvd drive/cd drive

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by shaun h, Sep 13, 2006.

1. shaun h

shaun h New Member

Ok i have had my computer for a few years now and i used to be able to burn cds and such and now when i try to or even put a disk in the drive it says cant find harddrive so i have no idea what to do any ideas?

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Could be a dead drive. Will it read any discs? Check the cables inside?

What kind of drive is it?

New drives are really cheap now. I just picked up a 16x DVD burner for about $30 the other week. It might be easier just to replace it than try to fix it.

3. shaun h

shaun h New Member

well its just a regular crappy drive i duno what brand it is but im saying the dvd drive doesn't work eitehr so what could be wrong? or hsould i just try a new one?

4. et3rnul

et3rnul OT Supporter

Do you mean it that when you put a disk into the dvd drive, it says cannot find CD/DVD drive? or do u really mean harddrive?

Check inside your computer. Make sure all the cables are secure. You can try to buy a new dvd drive, see if it works, and return it if that still doesn't work. Are you running any kind of special software that changes the way your DVD drive works? I had a problem with a program called AnyDVD that wouldn't let me burn discs correctly.