dvd burning

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mrchibai, Mar 22, 2006.

1. mrchibai

mrchibai New Member

I bought over 100 dvds last year and am finally getting to the end of my stash. I bought 200 TDK last week and was unable to successfully burn a dvd. I returned them and bought 200 memorex dvds and still can't burn but expience the same problem.

I tried using dvd decrypter to burn iso files and the button to burn is pushable, which it won't be if u didn't put in a blank disk. So the program recognizes it as blank but says its unsupported medium or some error like that. I tried using Nero and it had the same error, can't write on this medium kind of error.

Its not the iso files, I've burned them on my old stack, 16x memorex DVD-R single layer discs. This second spindle is the same thing, 16x memorex DVD-R single layer discs.

Its not the burner, I tried doing the same two progs on my roomates lite-on dvd burner as opposed to my crappy Dell burner. Same problem with the button being pushable and unsupported medium.

Does anybody know if DVD medium has changed? I find the idea ridiculous but I can't think about anything else. Its very maddening. Maybe somebody knows what I'm doing wrong and can help me out. I can't imagine 4 entire 100 disc spindle's all having bad discs. I could believe 1 or 2 discs in a spidle but not all, and certinaly not all of them from 4 spindles and two different companies.

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

If you tried the same media on 2 different drives and had the same problem, it must be something wrong with the media. Definitely doesn't sound right.

You can search around www.cdfreaks.com and may find some info.

3. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

There's issues with older burners having old firmware and being able to burn on 16x media. Check the drive manufacturers website to get the newest firmware that supports burning on 16x media.

4. mrchibai

mrchibai New Member

problem solved

problem solved, it was the firmware. thanks all.