dvd burning software

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sdirocz, Dec 28, 2003.

1. sdirocz

sdirocz Guest

I am trying to obtain some software that will allow me to create back up copies of my dvd movie collection. I have tried 2 different programs and they will not play back on my dvd player. I guess I need software that will allow me to choose - or + when burning? I am rather clueless when it comes to DVD :eek3: copying.

Any advise would be great :bowdown:

D-

2. terminator1010

terminator1010 Eld

First of all make sure what formats your dvd player is able to play. Check out http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php and search for your DVD player. I'm not too familiar with dvd copying software. Try DVDXcopy.

3. chairman

chairman Guest

dvd shrink is the best for compression, then use nero.

4. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

yeah dvd shrink is great.. Then nero is a peice of cake.

5. tract0r

tract0r New Member

dvdshrink is probably the most straight forward for compressing movies, so id go with that.
    Now on the other hand if you are going to use nero make sure u make the dvd a dvd-rom (UDF) otherwise you will have problems with compatibility on most standalone dvd players.

Make sure you set the file system version to UDF 1.02 for the greatest compatibility and also to finalise the disk.

imo though id use THIS never had a single problem in over 100 dvd's ive burnt after i started using it, i had problems with nero playing the dvd's in any dvd player or rom except my actual burner.
    Also HERE can help you with anything and everything to do with dvd burning.

6. fyp619

fyp619 New Member

it's not the best, but it's free and very good. there are other programs that are good like IC8 but take a lot longer. i like dvd2one. a little better as far as compression and quality, but it's not free. it's "free"