DVD Burning Problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by AzNpOwEr, Jan 17, 2005.

1. AzNpOwEr

AzNpOwEr It's sunny out....

I'm using Nero 6 to burn dvd data. When I am burning, the time will show like 0:00 while I am at like 50% and finishes like 30mins after 0:00 time. Anyone know what this problem is and how to fix it? I am burning at half of my max speed. (nero only shows 2 speeds on my thing, 4 and 2.4). This happened before if i burn at max speee. And it worked fine when i burn at half speed before but now its dones't :'( My dvd drive is QSI SDW-041. Thanks!

2. AzNpOwEr

Update:
    I updated the firmware, now it burns fine but when i check the dvd after burning, there are nothing there!

3. AzNpOwEr

Tried other media. Same thing happeend. Burned successfully and disc came out to be blank! @$#@% Can anyone help??

4. Penetration

Penetration OT Supporter

Try the burnt DVD in another DVD drive. One DVD burner I got would burn discs fine but couldn't read ONLY the ones it burnt. It could read any other discs though, and firmware didn't help.

5. WannaZO6

WannaZO6 There are 10 types of people in the world, the one

it could be that you bought slow media, i have an 8x burner but buy cheap media, the fastest discs ive ever had were 4x that burned at 6x

if the firmware from the manufacturer is fucking up you could try some of the hacked firmware, you never know

DVD decrypter can burn most DVD images, you may want to give it a try

6. johnson

johnson New Member

The type of media also plays a big role. I had one disc that would read in a DVD player but when I stuck it in a Pioneer DVD Writer, it wouldnt show up.