DVD burning problem...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Fate13, May 27, 2009.

1. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

So my session closed on me before I could properly close it and now my disk with a bunch of PDFs from my laptop comes up as a blank disk when it is clear that something has been writen on the disk if you look at it physically. Basically is there a way/program that will let me see the data on the disk or close the sesion properly so I can retrieve my PDFs?

P.S. I had a longer post but my ISP craped out on me and I am to tired to write it all up again... :doh:

2. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

The disc doesn't have to be closed to read the files that are on it.

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Yea but IIRC, not all drives can read discs that aren't closed. I can't imagine even a couple year old drive not being able to read it though.

Can you try reading the disc in another drive?

Wost case you still have the files on your hard drive, right?

4. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

No i don't still have the files on my laptop becuase I moved them to the disc. When the disc closed down it freaked out and when I insert it into the computer now it just comes up as a DVD-RW and thats it. No data, no nothing... Also the its DVD-R in reality. I finished burning all the other discs the same way last night and they work fine but this one doesn't.

I tried it in my freinds computer and it just locked up his "my computer" screen. Like I said I look a the disc and can see where the data is writen, but my computer can't.