DVD burner help, which blank DVD's are the best to burn with?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by snowmann79, Apr 15, 2005.

1. snowmann79

snowmann79 New Member

I was wondering what blank dvd's would be the best to burn with? I have a sony 720a burner and it seems to be picky with the dvd's it will burn. sometimes it burns dvd's useing nero and say 100% burned and when i go and try to watch it on my dvd player the player says no disc. so i have to waste another hr. re-burning the dvd. Any help??? Or is something wrong with the dvd burner?

2. skinjob

skinjob Active Member

Does the burned DVD at least play on your computer? Your DVD player may not be compatible with whatever DVD media you're using. If your writer is dual format, go out and get a DVD-R, DVD+R and a DVD+RW blank and see if any work on your DVD player.

3. Matthewt23

Matthewt23 OT Supporter

no the dvd's dont work on my computer but they work on my portable dvd player. Not on any other dvd player... could it be my dvd burner...
    (useing a friends computer at his house to see if it will work on his..nope)
    snowmann79

4. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

I use Memorex DVD+R media, and at 150 or so burned, the only coasters I've made have been due to personal stupidity (usually forgetting to set max burn speed).