DVD Burner Gurus...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DwnRtPnoy, Jul 3, 2003.

1. DwnRtPnoy

DwnRtPnoy New Member

I'm familiar with all the DVD formats, and that the latest craze is the multi-format burners...

sorry if this subject is :bash: but I was wondering

whats your DVD burner of choice?

I'm looking to invest in one

TIA :bigthumb:

2. NEC 1100A. It came bundled with my dell as a free upgrade, +R forever!

3. Early Apex

Early Apex Guest

HP 200i. Got it for what was then a good price (239) in January, and it was made obsolete the next week by the 300i (4x).

It happens to be the +R format, and I'm happy with it, but I don't see any reason for advocating one format over the other. Also, multi-format drives are a waste of money. Pick one side or the other; neither is going to be extinct in a year when drive prices are half today's price. If you pick the "wrong" format, go get a faster, cheaper drive in the other format in a year. Total cost is likely less than today's multi-format drive.

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

I just ordered a Pioneer DVR-A06 (multi-format) for $244. I'll review it once I get it installed along with the rest of my new system.

5. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

I am going to get a 300i this saturday. They will be $100 off to all Officemax associates and their family and friends. I am going to ask my boss if it a national sale or a houston area sale. I will get the coupon code and post it here and it the hot deals section.

6. Kool-Keith

Kool-Keith Your freind

i like the 105 .. but its -r which alot of dvd players use and only like 165.. great deal :)

7. aredee

aredee New Member

i got pioneer a105 and i love it. -r is the universial and +r's are going extinct.

8. Zourn

OK, word is that the sale is only in the houston area, on the HP DVD200i and the DVD300i. $100 off, just give them this coupon number: 122574429404. Sale is this saturday, July 12, only.

9. The 200i is on sale nationally I believe, I live in Mankato, MN and we have the sale here too on the 12th. Oh and I looked in the flyer for the next week and Khypermedia DVD-R's are 20 bucks after rebate for a 25 pack. Just thought I'd add my .02. :dunno: if that is helpful to anyone.

10. Zourn

you work at o-max? the 200i is the only name listed but it has the sku's for both the 200i and the 300i on the flyer that i have, but mine doesn't mention the Khypermedia DVD-R's. The 200i/300i uses +r anyways.

11. DwnRtPnoy

DwnRtPnoy New Member