DVD authoring software?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PocketbikePlanet.com, Dec 9, 2004.

1. I love my DVD shrink for burning, but now I have a bunch of avi's I want to use to create a DVD. What's a good soultion to not only translate the avi's to DVD format but create a menu system as well?

Cost is of no concern. But I'm a DVD authoring beginner so I'd like something simple. Wodows based please.

2. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

Pinnacle Studio is supposed to be good (came with my vid card, never used it).

(If you can find it on the site) The Screen Savers/G4Tech TV had a pretty good review not too long ago on DVD Authoring software and what they preferred. www.thescreensavers.com

3. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

Yep finding anything on G4's site is like finding that needle is a hay stack half of the time.
    Ulead (click) is also said to make some software for DVD authoring on the PC.
    But many, even die-hards in PC, will say the Mac's FinalCut Pro is the best.

4. I havent watched the screensavers since a few weeks after G4 took em over. What a piece of shit is has become.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

check out something called D.I.K.O. it's free, and pretty good.

6. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

The ULEAD Movie Factory software is great for doing simple DVDs. If you want to dig into more advanced features there is ULEAD DVD Workshop and MediaChance DVDLab

7. sgf323

sgf323 Guest

I use Adobe DVD Encore which works very well although I don't think it will convert an AVI to MPG but have never tried it. For conversion though I usually use TMPGenc

8. IAMwhitey

IAMwhitey New Member

CuCusoft Video Convertor... by far the best i have ever used. takes an avi and turns it into a mpeg... then they have software to choose an mpeg that burns it to a dvd.

worth the money!