dvd audio?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by talontsiawd, Jul 11, 2004.

1. talontsiawd

talontsiawd OT Supporter

I just got a new sound card and well it has a dvd audio dvd with it and a dvd audio player. But its not working, it plays but no sounds comes out.

I have the Sound blaster Audigy 2 ZS card with Klipsch promedia 5.1 digital souround sound.

Everything else works but the dvd audio. Any ideas?

this is the other wierd thing it does..

When doing a test like when the lady says "left front, center, right" only ones that work are left front and right front. But when i play dvd's or anything other than that, you can clearly tell the rears are on.

2. Meat0r

Meat0r New Member

Have you installed the drivers for the sound card?

3. talontsiawd

talontsiawd OT Supporter

I did the hole full install on the install CD so i would assume so. Im going to uninstall everything and re-install it all again, maybe something just didnt go right the first time.

4. Meat0r

Meat0r New Member

That should fix it because the Audigy2 does support DVD audio so there should be no problem. Also download the newest drivers from creative's website.

5. talontsiawd

talontsiawd OT Supporter

Well i did that to no avoil, new drivers and everything. This is what i got from creative about the dvd audio.

"For the dvd-audio disk, to get output from it, it has to be tested on a
    system using analog connection. For digital connection, there will not
    be output from it.
    Thus you may insert the cd to another pc with analog connection to test
    on it."

The main problem is the speakers i cant controll them with their softwear interface at all. The card has a 4pole digital out, which i think is the problem b/c the klipsch digital wire i have only has a 3pole. So basicly it wont work, so im going to return it today and find somthing that works or just spend more money for the creative platinum one with the optical out. All i have to say is FUCK CREATIVE!!