"Dusting" Tool

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by shayner, Mar 28, 2007.

1. shayner

shayner OT Supporter

just washed/waxed my car. However living in GA, the spring sucks for newly washed cars. They get a coat of yellow pollen within a few hours. In two days, you have a new color on you car.

Is there anything that can be used to wipe off the pollen without having to rewash the care every 2 days?

Also, what is the difference between cleaning wax and a "regular" wax(if there is such a thing)

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

California Car Duster. Most auto parts stores have them.

A cleaner wax does just that, cleans the paint (usually chemically) and leaves behind a protective layer of wax. A pure wax has no cleaning properties, just protective.

3. shayner

shayner OT Supporter

is a cleaning wax preferred over or under a pure wax??

edit:
    and thanks for the duster:h5:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd only use a cleaner wax if I was trying to save time. You get better results using a polish and a pure wax.

5. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

If you put cleaner wax over exsisting wax, it would strip the previous wax. Thus the "cleaner" in Cleaner Wax.

Personally, id steer clear of the stuff.

Also, be aware of the Parafin wax in the cotton strands of the California Car Duster. If your paints surface is hot, the wax will melt out of the strands, and leave streaking on the paint.
    There are a couple of companies that offer a Microfiber stranded versions of the duster, without the parafin. I like those much better. Especially if your in a warm climate, with a dark colored car.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007