MIL dunno if i've asked this or not ref. Blue to Green

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by clever_username, Jul 27, 2006.

1. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

so i'm sure many of you have heard of blue to green. i'd like to know more about the warrior transition course (think that's what it's called.) what exactly is it, and how long does it last?

and what's the army's physical fitness requirements i.e. allotted run time, pushups, things like that (actually a link would be better)

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I went through WTC in March while it was still at Fort Knox. It moved to Ft. Sills and White Sands Missile Range sometime in May or June.

When it was at Ft. Knox, it was run by Drill Sgts, and was absolutely no joke. They had a huge hardon for us because we were all prior service and should know what they expected and perform accordingly. We got smoked multiple times, every single day, for the first two weeks. It was Army Basic Training, condensed into 5 weeks. And there was no slack given to anyone, no matter what your age or your background was. If you couldn't hack it, they didn't want you. Period. End of story.

Fast forward to Ft. Sills and WSMR, New Mexico. It is now run by National Guard cadre. The biggest challenge you will face is the heat, which will be above 100' on most days. The cadre don't smoke the recruits like the Drill Sgts did at Knox. Their punishment of choice is writing Article 15's. :rolleyes:

You will go to Ft. Sills, Oklahoma, first. You will in-process at Ft. Sills and get your initial uniforms, shots, AFPT, etc. Then it's on to White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico.

You will still be required to meet the AFPT standard once a week, with the final AFPT being the one that will go on your record. You will need to provide your own motivation to pass your AFPT, since the National Guard cadre will not be in your face smoking your ass every day. You will get hands-on training on more weapons than we got at Knox. For example at Ft. Knox we handled - but never fired - the AT-4, but every class at WSMR has the chance to fire it at least once. Your final week will be spent at a mock FOB, where you will use everything you learned in the prior weeks of training.

The military.com forum has a sub-forum dedicated to WTC. That's where I got all of my information before I went. The latest and most accurate information you will find anywhere will be there. Link: http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/4400053030001

4. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

groovy. thanks man

5. Ranger-AO

To graduate from WTC, you will need to get a minimum of 60% in each category of the AFPT. Unless you are going directly to AIT after WTC, in which case you will only need a score of 50% in each category.

For a 26 year old male, this means you will need:

To get a score of 60%:
    40 pushups in 2 minutes
    50 situps in 2 minutes
    run 2 miles in 16:36

To get a score of 50%:
    31 pushups in 2 minutes
    43 situps in 2 minutes
    run 2 miles in 17:30

Link: http://www.hooah4health.com/4You/apft.htm

6. Ranger-AO