Dunlop bike tires

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Emfuser, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

I'm looking for online sites to find good deals on front and rear tires (Dunlop) for my bro's Suzuki GSXR 600.
    180/55/17 Rear
    120/70/17 Front

Recommendations anyone? (please :big grin:)

2. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

www.chaparral-racing.com is a good starting place, don't know if their price is as good compare to other places though.

3. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

Yeah, the wider, the better. Low profile = more performance.

4. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

Re: Re: Dunlop bike tires

:uh: :rofl:

I was actually seeking recommendations on places to get good prices. I guess I should've made that more clear.

:rofl:

5. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

6. car54

car54 Guest

Let me make some recommendations. I bought mine from MAW (Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse) and got a great deal. '

Dont think with the "wider is better" bullshit. I went from a 190 to a 180 on my kawasaki and it handles MUCH better. Thsoe who say wider is better dont know anything. Use the appropriate sized tire for your wheel and nothing else.

www.kneedraggers.com also has good prices sometimes.

I recommend staying away from dunlops. I went from a set of new D207's to a set of Michelin Macadam sport/touring tires and they actually perform better for me than the dunlops ever did. The dunlops have a catchy tread pattern but they wear like crazy and I consider their performance sketchy at best. At the track I was passing guys with race tires on my macadam sport touring tires. Add the fact that I finished the track day with almost zero tread wear and I must say they are the best tires ive ever fitted to my bike in 36,000 miles.