SRS Dumped on V-Day...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SugarKill, Feb 15, 2005.

1. SugarKill

SugarKill New Member

i got dumped on Valentines Day. I feel like such a loser/dumbass. :wtc: I couldn't stop crying at work so one of my co-workers covered for me so I could go home. I've wanted to be with this guy for 3 years prior to now. I'm feeling rather worthless right about now, i have bad luck with holidays, so any advice on coping or anything would be lovely. Thank you guys.

2. lilmonkee

lilmonkee Resident Pharm.D. :)

:( relationship experiences, including bad, make us who we are. If he's sorry enough to dump you on valentines day, don't sweat and stay strong. He isn't worth your tears.

3. SugarKill

SugarKill New Member

i've been told by many people he isn't worth anything really, but it still kills your self-esteem a bit..

4. lilmonkee

lilmonkee Resident Pharm.D. :)

true, it may hurt your self esteem but hold your head up high. Everyone gets dumped, no matter how gorgeous and/or perfect you are.

5. tat was blue

tat was blue New Member

i know being dumped is never a warm fuzzy fealling. and if you put much stock in v-day, i guess that would make it more shocking and painfull. i don't like to think of this as a special day, try thinking of v-day as just another day. it may take some of the sting out of the situation for you

6. n00b

n00b Guest

better than to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

blaaaah blaaaah blahhh...

seriously tho, everything u go through in life makes u a better person.

*hug*

7. Whalephat

Whalephat Conservative Bastard

It's hard to see it now, but this may end up being the best thing that ever happened to you. The guy of your dreams could be right around the corner, so to speak.

8. Being dumped is less severe as being rejected

9. johan

johan Active Member

Personally I feel its the opposite.

Rejection happens. If you're not getting rejected at least some of the time, you're not putting yourself out there enough. It's a fact of life.

Being dumped, or rather having a relationship forcibly terminated, should feel a lot worse. Assuming you cared about the relationship and it actually meant something to you.

10. johan

johan Active Member

Maybe others thought he was worthless, but if he meant something to you, then that is what really mattered.

On the other hand, if you DIDN'T want him, then you should have dumped him first...

Don't let it get you down. Getting dumped is a part of life, it happens to everyone, young and old, beautiful and plain, rich and poor. You're not any less of a person because of it.

11. SugarKill

SugarKill New Member

i put so much into our relationship and really got nothing in return, so it feels like i made a bad investment or saw my personal stock market completely crash. :ugh: i'm blaming myself for him losing interest, the whole "i wasnt good enough" schpeel.

12. SugarKill

SugarKill New Member

and i think being rejected would be a lot easier than being dumped because one would have never had that love or connection to be missed

13. Original

Original OT Supporter

It's better to have loved than not at all, but I really feel sorry for your situation. I really can't imagine losing my love and I'm really sad for you, especially how it fell on such a day.

All I can say is that he didn't deserve you. Not one bit, the best thing you can do is move on and find a guy better than him! There are plenty of nice guys out there that will appreciate everything you do and will love you back. If it really starts to bother you more and more everyday, write down all the thoughts about him that anger you or make you sad on a list, and burn them in a fire, don't let the memories haunt you! :hs:

14. SugarKill

SugarKill New Member

memories...that's the worst part. i spent practically every day of my summer with him going through some of the wildest and most hauting times i could ever experience. we were even called Bonnie and Clyde. i stayed with him through his toughest times and even though he's taken so much financially and emotionally it still hurts so incredibly much to know he was so selfish as to never do the same for me as I did for him.

15. Beezure

Beezure Go Lightning!! OT Supporter

:wtc: :wtc: , i feel you pain, just got dumped by my SO of 4 years, it sucks, only time heals, stay busy, stay active, go out have fun :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

16. logan

logan vacantskies

Life eventually works itself out. :bigthumb:

17. Original

Original OT Supporter

Heh. I never even got to talk to my girl all day yesterday on Valentines Day. I guess I'm in the same boat you are right now Sugarkill. Just found out today. Valentines Day, what shit. I never even got to show her what I made for her either :o :wtc:

18. Dos Equis4

Dos Equis4 nebraska democrat (oxymoron?)

You shoudl probably drink alot. Like enough where you pass out and puke on yourself but dont realize it till the next day. Then when you wake up you are so disgusted by the puke you puke again. I know that always works for me :dunno:

19. Original

Original OT Supporter

You serious? That's the last thing to do :hsugh:

20. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

a friend of mine was dumped on v-day too... a female friend of his told me but i didn't ask him about it. it didn't seem to phase him though. :(

21. jeyur

jeyur cum fairy OT Supporter

just cry. crying helps me feel better. eventually you will move on. i am sorry

22. SugarKill

SugarKill New Member

at least i know i wasn't the only person who god dumped on V-day. i did my fair share of crying, now i know that he wasn't worth my time and all that, but it still really hurts. That feeling of tension like my heart has some invisible pressure on it is really awful to feel. i'll probably do that whole drinking thing come this weekend, bad thing is my ex will probably be there too. :wtc:

23. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think your major error was not being able to understand that love should always go both ways, it's a matter of giving and taking. And when everything is a one way road, then it's time to jump out. This guy has been abusing your good side until you crashed upon a wall. It would have been at the outmost importance that if you see that someone is misusing you, to say to yourself ' stop till here, and no futher. It was very very cruel of him to dump you on valentines day. The only way to cope is to understand that this is a lesson that you should by now hopefully have learned that, no matter how goodlooking or great a guy seeminly seems to be, what matters in the end is if he loves you in a genuine manner, and doesn't take abuse of the situation when you open up your heart for him.

You need to be more carefull to who you open your heart with. Try to distinguish the demons from the angels by looking at their behaviour, someone who truelly loves you would never hurt you, would be considerate,would be acting in your benefit.

24. SugarKill

SugarKill New Member

god thought lucifer holy until the day he fell. not that i'm god, but i thought he was a good guy untill this. i should have taken all the factors into consideration, he dumped me before and then i gave him another chance, this time i'm just irreperably hurt it seems. it's going to be a lot harder for people to gain my trust because of this experience

25. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

dont feel bad..

The one who makes you cry is not worth your tears,
    The one who is worth your tears won't make you cry.