GUN Dumbass ND's his SIG in the crapper at Costco

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Dec 22, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Costco nearly cleared by accidental gunshot

Thomas Clouse
    Staff writer
    December 21, 2006

A man dropped his new pistol in the bathroom of the North Division Costco today, and nearly emptied the store as frightened shoppers fled after hearing the gun fire when it hit the floor.

The bullet lodged in the wall and no injuries were reported, Spokane County Sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Dave Reagan said.

“He was a little embarrassed and didn’t want to come out of the bathroom right away,” Reagan said of the man, who has a concealed weapon’s permit.

Deputies responded to the store when employees called to say an armed man had fired a shot at about 12:15 p.m., Reagan said.
    ADVERTISEMENT

“A customer was just outside the gunman’s stall when he heard the shot. He looked over the top of the stall, saw the shooter fumbling with the pistol and alerted employees who began evacuating the building,” Reagan said in a press release.

The man’s pistol was a new Sig-Sauer .357 caliber semi-automatic that the man had been carrying in a shoulder holster. Reagan did not identify the man.

While pulling up his pants, the man’s shirt somehow caught on the gun’s handle and pulled the gun out of the holster, Reagan said.

Although the gun is designed not to fire unless the hammer is cocked, the pistol discharged when it hit the floor.

Deputy Mark Smoldt said man did nothing that would constitute a law violation and he suggested the man return the gun to the manufacturer to have it checked for an apparent malfunction, Reagan said.

The bullet went into a wall that separates the men’s bathroom from Costco’s automotive service area.

“However, the bullet did not penetrate the wall, possibly because the ammunition was at least seven years old,” Reagan said.

2. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

yikes.

I bet that was loud as fuck :o

3. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

4. Gimik

Gimik New Member

maybe it got wet? :dunno:

5. Accord

Accord New Member

How the fuck did it discharge when it hit the ground is what I want to know? You're supposed to be able to drop a modern firearm of the Empire State Building and not have it discharge.

6. Gimik

Gimik New Member

lol you really hate sigs, don't you.

7. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Costco's were already anti-gun and most of them are posted for no CCW, this type of shit isn't going to help our cause.

8. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

how is it not designed to only fire when the hammer is cocked? i don't think a decocked hammer can fire a round. during a DA pull the hammer is still cocked.

9. ///M

///M New Member

spokane :noes:

10. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

wait, the .357 sig round hasn't been around for 7 years has it? and why would someone carry 7 year old ammo anyway?

The only thing i could think of making it fire was if it fell directly on the hammer and broke the hammer block, or if it fell muzzle down and the firing pin had enough intertia to go forward.

11. Since 1994.

12. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

I believe there was more information that he was just a dumbass and did have a finger on the trigger.

13. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Second story Ive read on here that a dumbass nd's his gun while on the john at a dept store. I dont think this is a coincidence

14. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thats kind of what I think, I doubt he dropped it more like he was sitting on the crapper and finger fucking it.

15. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

No, he just really loves pointing out their short-comings.

16. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

This is what I was thinking too. Nobody else knows but him... so he tells them it discharged to make it look like he's not the dumb fuck he really is.
    And wtf @ 7 yr old .357 ammo. Shoot that crap down range... don't carry the shit.

17. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

He's right, tards playing with guns is very bad for the concealed carry cause. While such happenings are still statistically insignificant, the anti's do latch onto them. I've been trading email for weeks with someone from brady and million mom march and that person has already cited this incident to me as an example of how unsafe ccw is. When the facts don't matter and headlines make the legislation its a very dangerous thing.

18. Gimik

Gimik New Member

my god. how can you even stand to talk to them? I'd be slamming my head on my desk with every email I got.

19. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Depending what I'm wearing and carrying. I usually try to take a side stall so my gun is against a wall. Then I'll sometimes pull the waist of my boxers over my gun as I drop my pants. Other times I'll set the gun in it's "underwear hammock"

20. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Its quite frustrating because their position is based on emotion and misleading studies and statistics with poor methodology. I think every point I make is ignored but if I throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and even 1 little thing sticks, its going to be worth it.

The most recent email I received was this http://www.gunguys.com/?p=1760 I pointed out how the event is statistically insignificant. Accidents happen with everything. I also returned a link to the recent events of the vcdl open carry guy stopping a robbery and the guy that was asked to quit carrying at work by his boss who was shot in an armed robbery.

21. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I would be replying with one word all the time. Those people are infuriating.

Them: :mb:
    Me: Cars

Me: Pools

Me: Doctors

22. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

For your reading enjoyment, an excerpt from Letters with an Anti:

23. Gimik

Gimik New Member

you're a much better man than I :hs:

24. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

ive carried while in the mall, and one time i was trying on pants in a store dressing room and knew the revolver i was carrying IWB was gonna have to be partly exposed temporarily. I basically took it off my belt and placed it underneath a shirt on the seat until i was done and then put it back on and left....it just helps being aware of it at all times and not letting yourself get sloppy....its when u let your guard down that you have a ND