dumb question

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by KingGargantuan, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

i know, probably goes without saying from me, right? :mamoru:

i may have even asked this before.

rippetoe, madcow, 5x5 routines are all basically for building up a nice strength base.

is there such a routine for bodybuilders or is that even possible?

is your body unable to handle high volume training like squats every other day, bench every 3 days, etc?

my toes are fucked up and i havent worked out since last wednesday, i'm stressed about mortage/foreclosure/bullshit and pissed that i dont have time to workout when it rains, etc. so i'm questioning my routine and my mind is playing tricks on me.

/ibflames.

2. Voltekker

Voltekker Active Member

First id say dont stress about shit thats out of your control mortgage/foreclosure & bullshit. Why does rain keep you from working out ?

3. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

yea i know, i'm not normally the kind of person to stress about things i can't control. i CAN control these things, however, so long as i fill out a bunch of paperwork to get my mortgage lowered, etc. it's all short term since wife will be done with college in july FINALLY!!!!!!!!!11111 and can get a job. right now it's all 100% my income for house, bills, urrthing.

rain keeps me from working out because i have a backyard gym.
    squat stands, 400+ lbs of weights, bench.

i've gone out there when it's 30 degrees and windy, wrapped in gloves and sweatshirt and wool hat and scarf. hiding by the back door from the wind between sets. i even did squats in the rain a few times but not when it's this cold out and not during lightning storms.

if it's raining, i try and stop off at the rec center to workout but i dont have time to finish my whole workout (rippetoe type routine)
    5/3/1 might work though i know there's differences in weight %'s that i havent figured out yet.

i like rippetoe because it's simple as fuck and i can do all of the exercises with my home equipment.
    squats, powercleans, bench, deadlift, standing military. accesssories are dips and pullups

for dips, i take the bar off and move the squat stands close together and do the dips with my hands in the top of the squat stands.
    for pullups, i raise the stands as high as they'll go, put a bar on it, and do pullups off the bar, trying to hold my knees up to my chest.
    it's not perfect but it works.
    as for sets and reps, they are always the same. i just add weight every week (instead of every workout, i know it's wrong) but it's consistent and that helps me stay consistent - it's a routine, a groove i can get into. same shit every time with minimal changes (the weight increase being the minimal changes)
    when i have to go to the gym instead, that fucks me up. when i cant use the squat rack at the gym and have to do something else first, fucks me up. i miss an excercise - fucks me up.

i have ADD so being a creature of habit is almost a necessity for me. when shit gets slow at work, i lose focus. same thing happens at home.

i drop off 5 y/o at daycare in the mornings and pick him up at night.

i could go to rec center in the morning but that would mean dropping son off an hour early, waking him up hour early, putting him to bed an hour early.

wife is in school 5 days a week, 4 hours from here, so she is no help.

14 y/o could watch 5 y/o after work but he's irresponsible and has the maturity of an 8 y/o. an immature 8 y/o.

so... working out at home is key. unless it's raining.

/novel
    /i'd like to dedicate this novel to stress and anxiety and off topic fitness and nutrition, who has been a constant in my life since october 2001, and thank them for putting up with my random ramblings and rantings and scatterbrained questions.

:love:

4. Voltekker

Voltekker Active Member

you have alot going on, its impressive you find time to work out with all that shit going on. If you filled out your paper work for a loan mod just wait shit takes forever, as long as your income is short and you dont have a shitload in the bank they will approve it.

5. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

yea we're behind on payments and bank is empty :rofl: i just need to finish filling out the paperwork. it's alot of "how much do you spend on groceries a month? medical? car loans? gas? electric? misc? pooping? toilet paper? whey protein isolate?" you get the picture.

6. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

yea ontop of that i try to do blogs and articles at night for a little extra $$

pain in ass, i tell you

7. Jacknasty

Jacknasty New Member

Keep your head up and your shit together man. All of this shit is just there to test you mentally. Do what you can to keep yourself from going crazy with your workout for now. Even if you're just doing some P90X shit in your living room. Gut it out until your wife gets done with school and then you can get your shit straight. It's not that far off and you'll be in a better situation to get rolling again. Put a little more energy into your diet or something you can control in the meantime.

None of that may mean shit to you, but hang in there man. I remember you used to hit it pretty hard back in the day, so I know it's bugging you. But sometimes we go through periods where we have to take care of other shit first. Unless you're making money from working out, there are obviously other priorities on the table right now.
    I went through almost a year of not working out. I put on weight I didn't want and felt like shit. I came back October of last year and I'm looking and feeling better than when I was killing it a couple of years ago. I dropped 30lbs of shit and put on a little more muscle. I had other shit I had to take care of and couldn't put in the time and energy that I needed to. I think I'm better for it now though.

Good luck man and let us know if we can help in any way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.