Dumb Question

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by GunShow, Jun 15, 2006.

1. GunShow

GunShow You had best unfuck yourself

Do dealerships allow test rides? I would really like to get a feel for a couple of bikes to help me decide which one to buy. Specifically between the new R6 and GSXR 600.

2. Frequency

Frequency New Member

Very few do. For the simple reason people would wreck every other ride.
    Your best bet is to make some friends ride with them and ask them to let you ride theirs

3. sofakingraw

sofakingraw New Member

Most of them do not allow "Test Rides", though most have demo days. The bike companies will supply them bikes for potential customers to ride. Most of the time all you need is gear and a licence to get on a bike. Most of them require an appointment, so just call your local dealership and ask when their next demo day is.

4. GunShow

Thanks for the info :bigthumb:

5. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

Nope. I was asking every dealership here in California the same thing and nobody allowed test rides.

6. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

just about every bike dealership ive been to (which isnt that many) has demo bikes that they let people ride on and then sell for used later. i was just at one two days ago checking their stock and they had an 01 sv650, an all black r1, and an all black gix600 that the salesman asked if id like to ride any of the three. i told him id be back to check on the sv.

plus their were three or four atv's being tested in the back parking lot. just my experience, yours may and does seem to differ

7. V!

V! New Member

Honda of Clendale
    1329 E Colorado St 1331
    Glendale, CA 91205-1462
    (818)246-2461
    Internet Manager:
    Darleen Strong

Temple City Powersports
    5300 Rosemead Blvd
    San Gabriel, CA 91776-2211
    (626)287-6167
    Internet Manager:
    David Lund

Honda Of Hollywood
    6525 Santa Monica Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90038-1407
    (323)466-7191
    Internet Manager:
    Michael Unger

All of those allow test rides, along with the other 5 dealerships i found and i'm too lazy to cut and paste, so i have no idea what you are talking about.

8. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

Sorry you want me to rephrase it? I did not shop every motorcyle dealership in california. I live in the Inland Empire and all of the dealerships you mentioned I did not quote or go to. I can vouch for the ones in my area such as Champion Motorsports (where I bought mine), Hahm Motorsports, Corona Motorsports, Corona Yamaha, Chapparral and a few others south of the 15. So whether you found them or not the ones I searched did not allow me to test ride my bike.

So yeah I'm too lazy to cut and paste the addys for you but thanks for those you gave for next time. Sorry you did not know what I was talking about but I was stating from my experience on searching for my bike. Unless it had to do with the type of bike I was getting I don't know and I did not get the details. If you feel you need to shed some light on this then do so.

9. Frequency

Frequency New Member

i need to know first bike?

10. GunShow

First bike that I will legitmately own. I have had a motorcycle license for about 6 years and have been riding infrequently since then. I took the MSF when I first got my license.

11. DarqueGT

DarqueGT New Member

some places will only let you ride the cruisers.....i don't know why....but that's what I've been told by 3 places.