SRS DUI help.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by grooves12, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grooves12

grooves12 New Member

I know this is not quite the right forum for this, but it's the closest serious forum I have found that might have an honest answer for me. I just received a DUI, and am wondering what the best course of action is now.

Is hiring a lawyer worth the expense, or is it throwing your money away because you are likely to get the book thrown at you anyways?? Any personal experiences you can share with me on the topic??

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

get a lawyer. start going to AA meetings and having a paper signed at each one (you'll see other people doing this, follow suit). Go to 3 meetings a week or so and follow any additional suggestions of your lawyer.

it'll make a huge difference.

3. sams0n

sams0n $ OT Supporter

Well here in California, it is not worth it to get a lawyer for a regular DUI since everyone gets just about the same penalty. But when I lived in Virginia, my friends would hire this sleezy lawyer who could get you off if you paid him enough.

4. O'Fuck

O'Fuck Guest

My lawyer bled me dry.

But its still probably the best way.

5. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

If you have questions about recovery, make a new thread. I'm locking this one because it isn't really in the spirit of this forum and the answer is pretty clear. It's nothing personal, I just like to keep it on track around here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.