SRS Dui anniversary today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bella, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bella

Bella New Member

A year ago today I was in detox for a BAC of .209 two hours after I got arrested. My car was not in an accident just didnt use my blinker and I was swerving. When i got arrested it felt like a HUGE relief and I've been on a good track since. I did miss two therepy classes and because of that I was in jail for 5 days due to strict complience.

So a year later I am happy, finishing my classes, found a great job and rebuilding at a great rate and getting back to modeling again. I'm livin it up now!

2. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Awesome, how long do you have sober?

3. Bella

Bella New Member

I've had a drink here and there on special occasions but I'm nothing like I was. I'm very aware of how I drink if I do ever drink.

4. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

So you're not alcoholic? If I did that every day would be a special occasion, because 1 is too many and a thousand is never enough, for me.

5. Bella

Bella New Member

When I got my dui I was more of a bindge drinker, I'd get crazy blackout drunk every thursday, friday, sat night. I Lost my job then that next weekend on a monday (football) I did it again and got my dui. It took me months to even walk into a bar to see friends even though I didnt drink.

I've and a drink here and there but not even close to what it used to be. Like I said it had to be a special occasion. I make sure its someone elses other than my own.

6. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

I don't think you should drink at all, you obviously can't handle it and you could have killed somebody.
    I used and drank for years but I was never so selfish to put other people's lives in danger with it.
    You might want to rethink your decision to drink at all, for other people's sake.

7. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I would have to agree with selfpollution. I think you should read the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous and decide if you are really an alcoholic. Go to some meetings and find out if you can relate, I'm assuming you've already been since it's usually mandated if you get a DUI. Recovering alcoholics have lost their ability to drink, even 1 drink, even if it's a special occasion. It might be wise to find out if that's where you fall, or if you were just a moderate drinker who had 1 bad night.

Oh, and not to be an asshole, but I've gotten just as high off "other people's drugs," and just as drunk off "other people's beer," actually that was the best drunk or high because it was free.

8. Bella

Bella New Member

I"m not an alcoholic, at the time I was a bindge drinker only on those days which isnt an excuse. I can be in places with friends where they drink and I can easly say no thanks. I have a drink maybe ablout once a month if that.

After the dui it was easy for me not to drink at all, I didnt feel like I needed to drink or I had to in order to feel better. It just wasnt something I wanted to do, like when you just dont want a soda for example.

9. RevBob

RevBob You thought your burning hot steel slide was bad!

I've been out to clubs w/ Bella. I would not classify her a having any drinking problems. My dad was/is an alcoholic, so I kind of have an eye for it.

10. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Well, I've never heard anyone who wasn't an alcoholic say that being arrested for a DUI was a HUGE relief. However, that's your decision to make, not mine, sounds like you're doing much better. That being said, Road To Recovery is defined as "Discussion for those in recovery, recovery resources, solutions for alcohol problems and other addictions." Thus, if you have no desire to stop drinking, you aren't in recovery, and you can't really identify with those of us who must remain completely abstinent.

11. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

come on, cuzz! i know you drink more than once a month.

12. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

i come from a long line of drunks and addicts. bella doesnt have a problem, but could if she isnt careful.

13. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

Exactly, she isn't an alcoholic....but ANYONE could be if they weren't careful...she is just your average 20 something that likes to go out on the weekends and have fun. She just made a poor decision one night and got caught, she isn't my only friend that isn't an alcoholic but has gotten a DUI. :wiggle:

14. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Well, this forum is really dedicated to helping alcoholics and addicts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.