Dual Video Card Q?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Repentinus, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Repentinus

Repentinus New Member

Couple of questions.

Does dual monitors plugged into two different video cards equal the same "graphics power" as one monitor plugged into one card?

If you could use dual monitors with dual video cards in SLI/Crossfire mode, would that be better that just two cards plugged into two different video cards operating in non-SLI/Crossfire mode?

Also how would the two situation above work with a game like Supremem Commander, which supports dual monitors?

Basically I'm wondering if I should wait until you can use dual monitors in dual videos cards in SLI/Crossfire mode, or if it will matter.

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

#1-In benchmarks I lost some points when running dual monitor compared to running single. I forget what I lost in the way of fps in real world games but I don't think it was too much.
    Nice thing is that you have things like Xfire and TeamSpeak (and the alike) and other things in the 2nd monitor while the game is in other.

As far as I know you can run dual monitors with SLI, not sure about Crossfire but I don't see why not. Or are you asking if you can 2 monitors one card and 2 on the other and still be able to use SLI/Crossfire, that I don't know.