dual monitors, i have some questions...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IceMurder, Jun 26, 2007.

1. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

i just got my second lcd in the mail yesterday and for the first time im using dual monitors on my computer now and loving it! but my main question is, why does my screen saver only show up on one screen? and also, is there a way to have different backgrounds on each screen? i have them set up to be in dualview mode so they're independent but idk what else to do, every time i change the background it changes on both screens...and when my screensaver comes on it only shows up on one screen...is there a way to change this?

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

Screen saver question: That might be a limit of the screen saver it self.
    I use Windows preinstalled one called Mystify. Try that one and see what happens.

Backgrounds question: You have maybe 3 options
    1. You can take 2 different image and make them one big image the size of both screens together. If the monitors are 1280x1024 each, then together they are 2560x1024. Set that as your wallpaper and set it to Tile.
    2. Download Ultramon, you can set 2 separate images
    3. If your video card is nVidia (I don't know if ATI can do this) there is an option in the nView settings will let you set 2 separate images and it's free (Ultramon isn't free).

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I use a screensaver with my multimons and it works on both. However, many directx screensaves will not.

+1 for ultramon.

4. pyehac

pyehac if she's old enough to cross the street, she's old

QFT