Dual monitor question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bencorn, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Bencorn

Bencorn New Member

Is there a way to alt-tab out of a full screen program but NOT have it minimize? I was wondering because I play CS Source on my main screen and have a secondary monitor with my instant messages and stuff open on it. What I'd like to do is be able to hit alt-tab (or other button for that matter) and have the cursor pop up but the game to stay where its at, and then be able to go over and type on one of the message screens, and then go back and either click the CS Source screen or click button again to reactivate that.

Is this possible?

2. Bencorn

Bencorn New Member

In the same respect, is there a way to make it so my mouse doesn't fall off the edge of the screen when I'm trying to scroll right in my RTS games? Because so far, my mouse just falls off onto my desktop and if I click my game minimizes and thats annoying as balls when I'm in the middle of getting attacked.

3. JaJae

JaJae New Member

You could always set CS:S to run in a window in your game options.

4. Bencorn

Bencorn New Member

If I run it in a window, will the cursor fall off the edge of the window or will it stay inside?

5. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

For what you're asking, you would have to play in a window mode if the game supports it.

//edit
    Usually when you're in game in window mode that cursor still stay locked in the game.
    From my experince with the window mode addon for GTASA, the mouse is locked in the boundary of the game. But when I bring up the console (for MTA) or press ESC I can move it outside the game

6. Willey2cool

Willey2cool New Member

have to play it in window mode. I play Wow in window mode fullscreened on my 22 inch monitor and have my 19 open with like firefox or w/e so i can just move the mouse off the screen and do other things