Dual Monitor Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by VoOdOoVyPeR, Mar 16, 2007.

1. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

Hey, I just got a new monitor, and decided to use my old Sony HDM monitor along with it until I sell it. I have an ATI radeon 9600 series and has 1 DVI out and 1 VGA out. I hooke the DVI to the new one, and the VGA to the old one. I never really tested the quality difference before, but should my Sony look this bad with VGA? It hurts my eyes to even look at it and there is ghosting as well. Any suggestions on making this blurry mess more clear, or is that just how VGA with a flat panel is?

Also, just a side question... My new monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster 225BW and I play a few older games on there that don't support widescreen resolutions. Any way to make so that it displays the correct resolution without being stretched. I perused through my ATI Catalyst Center for some stuff and found one thing: "Centered Timings." It didn't change a thing with the game. I'd rather the black bars on the left and right than the stretched out stuff. Thanks

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Check the properties of your VGA out and see if there is a way to bump it up. You might be running ont he complete minimum that you can and that might lower the quality a huge amount.

Other than that... no it shouldn't look as shitty as you say since I don't know what "shitty" means.

3. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

How do I go about checking my VGA out properties? I looked through the Catalyst Control Center and found nothing. I looked everywhere that was logical.