Dual Monitor issue

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by blink me, Jun 11, 2006.

1. blink me

blink me New Member

Ok, I have a Geforce 6600GT, AGP, 128mb w/DVI out. I turn off the computer, plug both monitors in, fire up the computer, both turn on, but my secondary goes idle ? instead of a green light, its orange and it doesnt turn on. I can go into the advanced settings, and switch each monitor to be primary, and they'll both fire up, so the monitor isnt a dud. Im running out of ideas, I have the newest drivers too. HELP !

2. blink me

blink me New Member

Anyone?

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

so you're saying both will work, but only one at a time? And only the "primary"?

4. blink me

blink me New Member

What Im saying is, I set my 19" as primary, and the 17" as secondary, with the " extend my windows " enabled on the 17", and it doesnt work. The monitor is on, but it has an orange light. I can disconnect a monitor ( either one ) and it will work, so I know both of them work, but I dont know if both ports do.

Anyways, Im on the last straw and if something doesnt work, this card is going back. Here's a picture of the inputs:

[​IMG]

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

well, try a single monitor in the other port to see if it works.

6. kllngtme

kllngtme New Member

sounds burnt out or something, video cards are fucking wierd, me and my friend have had this happen. and they were all in geforces too.. keep trying to screw with it but i doubt it will work, i just ended up getting a new video card. i went through two 5500's before that. sometimes they just stop working. and i mean, out of the blue, ive always used dual screen and some cards jsut burn out or something fucks with the other screen not working and going idle instead..

7. blink me

blink me New Member

yea, its a real piss off thats for fucking sure.