Dual Factor Hypertrophy Traning v. your thoughts

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by disblohs, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

i'm thinking about starting on this routine

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4844603&postcount=423

that link has a downloadable word document with the routine in it or the following link shows almost an identical routine to it, with 1 or 2 substitutions

http://www.readthecore.com/200501/reynolds-dual-factor-training-02.htm

has anybody done this routine and if so what did you think of it?

i've been looking for an upper/lower split and this one seems really appealing to me. the only problem i have with it is that i don't know how to do some of the exercises. i've never done hack squats, straight leg deadlifts, cleans, or push press as well as pullthroughs or ham/glute/calf raises.

i'm not worried about the pullthroughs or ham/glute/calf raises at all, but the others make me a bit uneasy. the only problem is that i don't know anybody that has done these exercises so i won't have anyone to check my form. i'm most worried about cleans.

any advice on how to teach myself these exercises?

2. disblohs

hey christophers :x:

3. Grouch

Grouch Guest

dont fucking AIM me this shit. If its not crunking I got no clue to this technical crap.

4. disblohs

:mamoru: you don't have anything better to do than read this anyway. shit, you're posting your aim logs with tize :coolugh:

5. Grouch

Grouch Guest

Werd son. And we BBQed today. I was eating hotdogs all day long. It was interupting my killing of small animals.

6. disblohs

a BBQ at petco? wtf

7. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

gotta dispose of the lil critters that don't make it somehow :dunno:

actually grouch I've always wondered about that.. wtf do y'all do with the shit that dies?

8. Grouch

Grouch Guest

it goes in a freezer. Then once a week this big white guy who looks like he gets in lots of drunken brawls comes by once a week and pics it up and does god knows what with it.

9. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

dang

10. Grouch

Grouch Guest

I got bit by some shitty ass little rat dog today though. Right on my right index finger. I hope it doesn't ruin my crunking.

11. Chalkitup

Chalkitup New Member

I've been doing it the last two weeks and its been great. The new exercises have refreshed my motivation at the gym and so far it seems to be working well but it's early days. Before this I didn't do regular dls so my numbers have shot up and my squat is up already too.

Only complaint I do have is that its taking me a little too long to finish. One more week on loading and then I'll be going low volume which will be frustrating I think.

12. disblohs

how did you learn the new exercises?

13. khari

khari Guest

Look them up on the internet and then practice. If you know what it should look like, your form will work itself out. It's not like you're doing any overly technical lifts.

14. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

cannibal..eating your own arms

15. Chalkitup

Chalkitup New Member

Just like khari said, take your time and start off nice and light and you should be fine. I've only been doing squats about 3months now but I'm still always working on my form and same goes for other exercises I suppose.

I always did my shoulder work seated so I've had to get used to standing presses and especially push press because they put a lot more strain on your back and you really need to get your posture in line.

I don't do hack squats really. I've heard they're bad for your knees and there's no real need for them with the others in there so I just stick to leg presses and keep my feet placed high and narrow since my squat is slightly wider than shoulder width.

I didn't notice the SLDLs in there but I do RDLs as you can go heavier and not put has much risk on your back. Again with these make sure you take your time increasing the weight and get your set up right.

Pull throughs are a pretty good exercise and easy to get right. Just watch a vid and when you do them concentrate on thrusting your groin out and squeezing your glutes. I get the most funny looks doing pull throughs but they feel great.

GHRs have been an issue since I don't have a machine that's designed for it but I think I may have found a solution to that. I do my hypers on a seated calf raise machine only backwards and I think that I can slide up further and use it as a ghr too.

Feel free to PM me if you need any more help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.